“Had problems but were resolved quickly”
Review of Hilton Sheffield

Hilton Sheffield
Ranked #27 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed here last week on business and found it clean and the staff very helpful. I ate in their restaurant on Thursday evening with some work friends. Our meal took an age to arrive even though the restaurant was very quiet. After an hour I asked the waitress when would we get our meals and was told they were being plated up. Over 10 minutes later they still hadn't arrived and our group of 6 was close to walking out. It finally arrived and 2 of the meals were not totally edible. The steak was over cooked and the chips were burnt. I ordered noodles and duck breast although the noodles were very tasty the duck was to tough to eat. I told the waitress who offered to replace the meal, we decided not to wait another hour and 20 minutes so she took the 2 meals off the bill and gave the table a drink each. I completed a feedback form and was contacted today with 50% off my next meal when I am there next month.
I was disappointed by the delay and duck but I have to comment on the way in which the problem was resolved.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor and once again we would like to apologise for the poor quality of food on this occasion.

I was pleased to read however that you are happy with the way in which this has been dealt with and we look forward to seeing you back at the Hilton Sheffield again soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights 20-30th of April, upgraded to a deluxe double room Good size room,clean bathroom and nice view of canal. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Charging residents for parking at £6.00 a day and £16.00 for a burger! Hence to say we only had breakfast which was very good with a good selection and polite staff.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor and I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay at Hilton Sheffield.

Most city centre hotels do charge for car parking and your feedback regarding the cost of food has also been taken on board.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Decent location. I quite liked the food at the Quay restaurant. The portions were good and tasted great. The room sizes were average. Service was reasonable but it simply didn't feel Hilton.. As a Hilton Gold member, I was not too impressed...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback and I am glad to see that overall you enjoyed your stay at Sheffield.

I am sorry however that as a gold Hilton Hhonors member you were disappointed and your feedback has been noted.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed for one night with no breakfast, there is a great desk for working and its well located 5 min from the city centre, the room was spacious and sunny, the only problems are the noise from the next rooms and the bathroom cleanliness.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

Overall I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Hilton Sheffield however I can only apologise for the poor standard of cleanliness in the bathroom and noise from other guests.

This is certainly not reflective of our usual high standards and your feedback has been addressed with the Head Housekeeper.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed here for a short family break in April 2014. Very well situated near tram links and within walking distance of high street shops. The Quays hotel restaurant was very nice, clean, good food, great staff, good breakfast. The leisure facilities very neat, nice swimming pool for the kids. The down side to us was the poor quality rooms, we were expecting a high Hilton standard room, but the carpet looked old and stained, no air conditioning in the room, room didn't feel very clean, some cracked wall tiles in bathroom, and the room was small - but the bathroom was nice and spacious. Compared to other hotels that are priced similar, this wasn't up to standard based on the room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I am sorry that you found the bedroom at Hilton Sheffield below standard; we are continually trying to improve the standards of our bedrooms.

I was glad to read however that you did enjoy the rest of your stay and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband and i stayed here for a last minute break , the hotel was lovley and clean, we paid extra for a double deluxe room with a quay view which overlooked the canal and narrow boats, not sure if the extra money was added value or not but the view was nice. Ironing board and tea , coffee etc in the room and toiletries. The swimming pool is a decent size and the steam room etc was also a treat. breakfast was ok although not a terrible amount of choice, they had ran out of bread but didnt seem to re stocking. The only downside is that you have to pay to park your car overnight, (£6.00) which i thought was a bit of a cheeck. overall not bad place. We walked from the hotel into the centre of Sheffield which only took about 15 mins,

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gymbatty
101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your great review regarding Hilton Sheffield.

Your fantastic feedback has been shared with all departments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Can't speak highly enough of this hotel. We attended my cousins wedding and stayed the night. Everything was fantastic. Lovely food for the wedding breakfast and the service was exceptional. Lovely clean room and breakfast was great with plenty to chose from.
Nothing was too much trouble.
If I had to be really picky the room was a few degrees too warm and we didn't have a travel cot we had requested but when we mentioned it to the reception it was there in minutes. Great hotel.

Stayed: April 2014
101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for leaving your fantastic review regarding Hilton Sheffield.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay for a Wedding and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.