1,829 results
All reviews overlooking the canal victoria quays city centre leisure facilities an upgrade steam room breakfast was excellent tea and coffee stayed here for one night gym tram concert arena
Reviewed 8 November 2015

I stayed one night here whilst on business. Much was as expected from a Hilton, however, my room was cold and the heating could not be adjusted, the carpet was stained, and the shower was absolutely pathetic and came out in several squirts rather than any flow or volume. I was just a bit surprised as standards of facilities are usually pretty predictable at a Hilton.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2015

Dear marySEEngland

Thank you for your feedback on this website and I am sorry you were unhappy with certain aspect of your stay.

We will continually use your feedback to improve our guest experience and I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Hilton Sheffield again soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2015

Have stayed at this Hotel several times, never had an issue before.
Check in ok, room ok, pool ok.
Restaurant.... well where do I start. 1st restaurant very cold and not very inviting. Ordered 2 glasses of wine.... how can anybody think serving white wine warm is acceptable.
Then ordered food, well it went down hill from there.
Starter was not available, but it seemed that other people were having problems also.
Main meal the wrong food!
Cheese and biscuits.... why do they serve it straight from the fridge?
Hot dessert cold in the middle!
All in all disaster......
Would not eat in this restaurant again.
The chef has to take some of the blame for this. but of course we don't see him!!
Duty manager was kept very busy that evening.

Room Tip: Room overlooking canal.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear BHAgirl

Thank you for your comments on this website and I am sorry that you found issues with the Food and Beverage area.

I am sorry for the shortfalls on this occasion and your feedback has been shared with the Food and Beverage Manager.

I do hope that you will consider using the Hilton Sheffield again as you will know from experience that this is not our usual level of high standards.

Reviewed 2 November 2015

when checking in i was told that they couldnt find my booking, then i had to open my laptop in the recieption to find my confirmation email, i was then asked if i had already checked it, obviously i hadnt. After been given my room key i went up in the lift and into the room to find someone elses bags and belongings. I then went to reception to let them know, the guy apologised and gave me a new card for another room, this could of been a lot worse if there were people in the room when i walked in!! luckily there wernt. That evening i went to the bar for a drink and there was only stella on draft as the becks, boddingtons and guiness were off as they were frothing and pouring really warm

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Stuart W

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor regarding Hilton Sheffield.

I can only but apologise for the issues experienced during your stay and the Front Office Manager will investigate as to why this occurred. Please be assured this is not reflective of our usual high standards and I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 2 November 2015

Not what I expected. The hotel was cold, bedroom looked like it needed a refurb and the mattress was poor. The dining room was extremely cold, and one night half the dining options were not available, even though it was only 19:30!!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear WorldviewerNewcastle

Thank you for your feedback regarding Hilton Sheffield.

I am sorry that you found the hotel looking tired and worn; your feedback has been taken on board as we continually try and improve areas of the hotel.

Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

Dated decor and terrible service were our impression of The Hilton Sheffield.
Our room wasn't ready, we waited 2 1/2 hours dumped in a bar, with a child, which I think was an elaborate ploy to get us to spend money there. We had wanted to eat out in a Bistro down the road, overpriced ham sandwich, as nice as it was, wasn't my first choice.
Hilton have a policy to tell them if you're not happy so they can make it right. What we learned from this hotel is tell them and they will come up with all the excuses they can to avoid dealing with you. We even found a previous customers feedback form in the room.
Due to problems at check in we couldn't use services like wifi.
Our room was alright, a bit dated but quite comfortable.
Breakfast was very enjoyable, by far the highlight of our stay.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family

Dear Faye B

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor regarding Hilton Sheffield.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and an email has been sent direct to you relating to these issues.