“Excellent service - staff could not have been more helpful”
Review of Hilton Sheffield

Hilton Sheffield
Ranked #27 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent service - staff could not have been more helpful”
Reviewed 7 October 2010

I stayed at the Hilton with my boyfriend for the weekend, and from the moment we arrived I wsa amazed with the level of service. The reception staff were so friendly and helpful, it was a lovely way to be welcomed to the hotel. Upon arrival I was told that I had been upgraded - the room we had had a balcony and was a very good size. The hotel is only a short walk from the city center.
The breakfast at the hotel was great, and once again the staff were on hand to offer us anything we needed.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I am ever in Sheffiled.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Traveloften27_10
, General Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this review, 8 October 2010
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I am always happy to note that you enjoyed your recent stay here at the Hilton Sheffield.

It is always a pleasure to receive such feedback and I can assure you that your comments have been passed onto the Reception Manager.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sheffield in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 26 September 2010

I agree with other comments about the noise and lack of air con.
Good location and close to the city centre but the noise from the party ruined any chance of a restful nights sleep.
I will not be returning.

1 Thank ehabshaheen
, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this review, 13 October 2010
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments following your stay at Hilton Sheffield.

I am sorry that you were disturbed by noise from our function room during your stay here at Hilton Sheffield. Wherever possible we do our best to locate guests as for away from any functions as possible.

I was pleased to read that you found the Hotel location good and close to the City centre.

I hope we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Hotels in the future.

Yours sincerely

Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Sheffield hotels

Reviewed 5 September 2010

I stayed for one night with two friends in a double double bedroom and everything about our stay was really excellent, especially for the rate we paid! We were checked in very quickly and found our room to be a very good size, had a huge tv and a nice view of the quays... think it was a lady called Tina who had prepared our room and I have to say it was completely spotless, she deserves a 'well done'! The bathroom was great and again, not a speck of mildew or anything, was lovely. We spent a couple of hours down in the pool and in the jacuzzi, they were lovely and again very clean. The staff were all very friendly, I accidentally left my bikini in the changing rooms and they were very helpful and brought it back up to the room for me - excellent service. When we went out in the evening (unfortunately didn't sample the restaurant, so can't comment on that) the receptionist, Nikki, was very helpful and friendly and got a taxi for us and remembered us the next morning, asking about our night - I thought that was lovely.
The beds were huge and soooo comfy, we didn't want to get up and leave! All in all, for the price we paid it was brilliant and I would definitely recommend to anyone if they were planning on visiting the great city of Sheffield!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank ezmie654213
GMBSheffield, General Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this review, 9 September 2010
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to see that you and your friends enjoyed your stay at Hilton Sheffield and I hope we played a small part in making your weekend celebrations an enjoyable one. Your positive comments have been forwarded onto all the team especially Tina and Nicky.

I hope we get the chance to welcome you all back to Hilton Sheffield should the occasion arise in the future.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2010

Facilities were excellent, but perhaps more important, was the unbelievable customer service and friendliness. Everyone from the front desk to the pool attendant and particularly the restaurant were unbelievable. I have stayed in hotels worldwide and this exceeds all of them.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Nickaya
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to put your comments on the website

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your recent stay here at the Hilton Sheffield, and your comments have been forwarded to all the team.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the in the not too distant future.

Milton Keynes
Reviewed 26 August 2010

I can't agree with the previous reviewers. I arrived early with a colleague. My room wasnt ready but they said it would only be 15 mins and that was right. Someone who waited longer was given a bar voucher and an upgrade. The room (and the corridor) was spotless and very very well put together- it was a club room so there were bathrobes. It was an excellent size. I used the pool, and although small is fine, with a good changing area. The food in the bar and restaurant is expensive, but the staff at the bar were good and friendly as well, In fact, all the staff were, perhaps too atentive at times, if possible! The breakfast service was excellent, and the food choice brilliant for all tastes. The bar and restaurant area overlooks the canal basin and there is a balcony outside the bar which is good for the occasional sunshire in S Yorkshire this week! I didnt use the internet so cant comment on it., Overall, this is my third stay in Sheffield, previously at the Holiday Inn and Novotel and this was the best so far. I really cant recognise the hotel from some of the reviews! My package included parking, which I would recommend.

1 Thank BoldlyGO
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to put your comments on this website.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and your comments have been passed on to all the team.

It was nice to see that despite you been here on business you still had to time to relax in the leisure club.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hilton Sheffield on your next trip to South Yorkshire

Sheffield
Reviewed 16 August 2010

1. Checked in and paid GBP10 extra for a deluxe room, a free big bottle still water was offered.

2. I doubt they didn't clean the carpet before I checked in, Also tea cups were REALLY REALLY DIRTY..Finally the GBP15 in-room broadband charge was taken off from the bill as compensation.

3. Staff was excellent.

Worst expierence from a Hilton hotel. Well, If you wanna stay in a proper Hilton, there will be much more better choice in Asia. For Sheffield or the rest of the UK, I'll definitely recommand Accor hotels for great value or Hyatt/Andaz with a bit luxury.

1 Thank frkstyle
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2010

The hotel itself is lovely, hallways a bit dated but fine. Loved the room and especially the size of the pool-really good especially if you go early when there's no-one else around so you have the pool to yourself. The whirlpool is so nice and relaxing-it's very hot. Taxi to West street was only £5.

The only complaints we had was the parking. I mean I didn't think that £7 for 24hrs was a lot-however, if your like us and you like to go in and out,your paying £7 each time. Plus we had to take 2cars due to work and we must have spent a fortune! The other things were that the room's get very hot! It has no air con like Sheffield Park Hotel,you just get a portable fan,plus the window was bolted so it could only be opened about 2 centimetres wide! Also if your near the lifts,the noise can be alittle annoying if your a light sleeper. Although the beds were very very comfortable!

Other than that,we enjoyed the stay. It's in a very handy location and the leisure facilities were great,the machines in the gym all have their own tvs attached so you can watch what you like. It wasn't anywhere near as grande as I thought a Hilton hotel would be,and would probably not go back-but that is due to wanting to try different hotels in the area,not because of anything to do with the hotel.

• Stayed August 2010