“Comfortable and pleasant”

Best Western Plus Mosborough Hall Hotel
Ranked #20 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed 21 May 2012

As a previous reviewer wrote, the photos of this hotel imply it's in grounds and gardens which it isn't. I didn't feel the housing or village were depressing though, in fact I felt it was quite a pretty village! We stayed here as it's only a few miles outside Sheffield where there is a great deal to do.

The room was clean, tidy, well equiped and comfortable. For a change, the bed was comfortable (medium hard/softness) and that alone would make me return if I needed a hotel in this area again. Plenty of tea/coffee supplies in the room, comfortable chairs and a desk to work at, along with free very fast wifi internet made the time in our room very pleasant. The bathroom was clean but very dated and tired - you may have noticed there are no pictures of the bathrooms on their website...! I booked online and couldn't book a room upgrade without phoning and quite frankly, I don't have either the time nor inclination to phone a hotel for a room so they lost out from me there.

The staff were very courteous and helpful, although the breakfast staff kept making silly little mistakes Iike bringing tea when we ordered coffee, forgetting the milk, giving us someone else's breakfasts. However, they were more than happy to quickly sort these out without any fuss or frown. The cooked breakfast itself was mediocre. I was disappointed as the sausage seemed good quality but it hadn't been cooked very nicely so was lily-white and made my husband speculate that it had been boiled, yuk! All around us were people only eating part of the cooked breakfast so I can only guess we weren't alone in our disappointment. However, there were a lot of choices on the cooked breakfast menu so perhaps a different dish would be better.

We were charged 75gbp for one night's stay with breakfast and I thought this was fine.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 May 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here this past weekend after buying a groupon deal and i'm afraid this hotel wasn't up to our expectations. The photos and description of the hotel almost imply that it's got nice country surroundings, whereas it's pretty much in the middle of housing in a depressing little village with nothing to do. The room was nice and clean but again quite basic. The bathroom wasn't too great and we were disappointed about the fact the shower was in a very small bath rather there being a separate cubicle. The main bar and restaurant was lovely, however the food in the restaurant wasn't good. We didn't pay much as it was 50% in our groupon deal and we're glad we only had to pay minimal as it was a bit bland and seemed to have been warmed up in the microwave rather than freshly cooked. Staff were mostly friendly, we had a lovely bubbly waitress and a really nice guy checked us in. However, we did have a nice stay but I definitely wouldn't come back and didn't think the rooms were worth what we paid.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I stayed here in late April as I had a family celebration to attend approximately three miles away. Check in was quick and efficient, and my room was very good. There looked to be some sort of refurbishment going on but there was nothing intrusive.

A pleasant stay :-)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We had our wedding here last Friday and I can say it was the best day of our lives, not only was the wedding perfect but everything about the venue was amazing. Firstly the staff were so helpful and attentive on the day and leading up to it, one of the staff even helped me change my shoes they were that helpful. The wedding co ordinater jade was the best and added loads of little details that helped make the day amazing. The rooms were fantastic and clean, I was slightly worried the food wouldn't be fantastic on the day what with it being mass produced but every single person commented afterwards about how nice and fresh it was. The main thing about the day was definatley the staff as I cannot fault a single one, they all seemed so genuially happy for us and so attentive, If your thinking of stopping there or booking a wedding would say do it you wont regret it! X

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Mrshs87
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We've stayed at the Mosborough Hall a few times as it is very close to the in-laws so when they are all full up this tends to be our backup. We also stayed here after my wifes birthday party and took a number of fuzzy heads down for a good breakfast.

The service is always always friendly and with a smile, no snooty faces or hoity toity attitude, just good friendly people.

The breakfasts are always great and get us going in the morning and we have had dinner here a number of times too. Not always perfect but no disasters, only the odd course going wrong out of a number of meals.

The rooms have always been great, spacious and comfortable. In the new section they are not necessarily blessed with a lot of character, but certainly comfortable and clean.

Not sure how good the location is for most people, its hardly central sheffield. But its not far from the M1, so if you need a stop off whilst doing lands end to john o groats then you will certainly get a good meal and a decent nights sleep here.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank happycoupletravel
Reviewed 25 April 2012

stayed for b&b with groupon voucher. location not brilliant surrounded by housing so minimal grounds and nothing to do in immediate vicinity. room average but walls very thin so could hear couple next door talking and their tv. service was chaotic. staff need to be trained on restaurant and bar service. for example we asked what type of wine was available in the bar and were told it was 'red or white'. when we asked for more details he grudgingly said 'dry or medium'. he could have maybe showed us the labels as he had no idea what he was serving but that was beyond him. the bar was empty at the time so he had no excuse! service in restaurant similarly inept. food served not cooked so sent back to put under grill only to not reappear for half an hour. the wine we ordered took ages to arrive and when it did the waitress virtually sprinted past us, plonking bottle on table saying 'there's your wine!' I suspect they have all their wine in a screw top as unable to wield a corkscrew.
breakfast was better reasonable selection and speedy service. I am sure that weddings are their main income but we wouldnt recomend for anything else

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carol19
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We recently held our Wedding here and we had a perfect day.

The Wedding went according to plan and Jade (our wedding co-ordinator) was very helpful especially in the last few weeks.

The food was great and the room was exactly how we had wanted it to look.

We did stay in the bridal suite and this was very spacious and very nicely decorated.

We will definatly be coming back and visiting Mosborough Hall as it is now a very special place for us.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple