“Very nice indeed”

Ranked #15 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“Very nice indeed”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I was a bit hesitant as this hotel was booked for me, as Best Westerns can really vary in terms of quality. A very pleasant experience when checking in, with nice friendly staff. Room was clean and modern, with nice linens and towles. Huge telly (if thats your thing), excellent wifi. Plenty of workspace in the room. Clock radio in the room (great if you forgot your alarm). Nice bar area and outside seating too. Dinner was pretty good, but typical hotel fayre. Breakfast was freshly prepared to order, which is always a plus against the chain hotels. I would recommend you get a b&b rate though, as the breakfast seperately was expensive (i cant remember exactly how much now). Hotel is not walking distance to much else, but ok if you plan to stay on site for the evening. Good for business meetings. Overall a very pleasant stay, and i would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Hungarian first
Leyland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

i got the best room in the house Roberts the bed was so comfy I want on the young gril on the front desk was so good the kind you want to book you every time sorry i cant remember your name but i will be back in a few days to finish the job

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

1 Thank 642christopherc
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

A very nice hotel set in an old country hall but very modern interior. Only a quick overnight stay as I had to leave early the following morning but everything was fine, a nice clean room, comfy bed, nice breakfast and a good price with booking so late and would certainly stay again, only issue was the car parking was a little tight but there was a wedding going on at the same time

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

2 Thank cpj11
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I recently went here for afternoon tea and thought it was a beautiful and very well presented venue. We went at 1pm on a weekday; so there wasn't much of an atmosphere; but that is to be expected. When we walked in - we weren't greeted at all. In fact the waitress behind the bar actually disappeared as soon as she saw us! Then when she finally greeted us and I'd explained that we'd booked a table, she promptly showed us to a lovely table. Unfortinately that was the only prompt bit of the service though. The waitress was hardly around to provide us with any other service once we'd drank our drinks and after half an hour we waited at the bar until she reappeared so we could order some more. She was pleasant and smiley, but really made us feel a bit of an inconvenience. So overall, I wouldn't say it was the best experience but for the price, the afternoon tea we had was delicious and such a good price. The setting is lovely and I think we just caught them on a bad day. I say - worth a try. I will definitely be going again and fingers crossed it will be better.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We arrived around 1.10 for our afternoon tea, right in the middle of a wedding party. The guests were waiting to go over to the venue, the bar was busy with around 50-60 people. We didn't have to wait despite this. We had rung in advance to let them know I was a coeliac, and they did mention that they had been on the lookout for us. When my lovely three tiered gluten free tea arrived I was so pleased. I had the same number and variety of sandwiches my daughter had (non coeliac), three different cakes, a chocolate brownie with cream and strawberries, lemon drizzle cake and a meringue with strawberries and three tarts, jam and lemon curd. I was chuffed. The bread was delicious. Bly another coeliac can understand the yearning we have for soft loaves. They used genius loaf. Overall I didn't feel like I was the poor relation. The sandwich fillings were salmon, cream cheese and cucumber and egg mayo. And whilst brownies are commonly offered for coeliac's, the other cakes made it an excellent show. I would 100% recommend any coeliac to go to Mosborough Hall. I would also recommend going when there is a wedding on as it's excellent entertainment too.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sherakapod
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Was a nice hotel but food standards have slipped.

My final stay they charged me £100 fine for smoking in the room. But I gave up years ago and only do Ecigs after a beer...

Better to avoid this hotel until things change, very disappointing for those that remember when this as good hotel.

• Stayed August 2014