Don Valley Hotel
Hilton Sheffield(Sheffield)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
All reviewskey foblovely friendly pubadjoining cafespent one night hereclean accommodationsheffield arenafluffy towelsnight's sleephand washgreat budget hotelbar areasky sportstea coffee facilitieseasy accesssingle roomfull english breakfaststayed here for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2012

On arriving at the don valley hotel we were shown into the car park which was adequate for the purpose. It was only small but then again why would u need anything bigger.
We were imeadietly shown into the bar and made to feel very welcome. We purchased drinks that were very reasonably priced for the prices in Sheffield.
We were shown to our room that was through a fobbed entrance so no one other than people occupying rooms could get through. And to our surprise they had given us a double room that I had been told was unavailible at the time of booking, I booked a twin instead but they gave us what we had requested at there inconvinence.
The room was basic but at the end of the day what do u want for the prices they charge. The tv in the room had a built in DVD and free view also. There was tea and coffee making facility's which offered all the usual but in abundance, maybe 3 or 4 cups worth each in a room for 2 people.
In the bathroom there was the usual w.c. Small sink and a shower. Shower gel, shampoo & conditioner was supplied and soap dispenser was on the sink in the bathroom.
Had a fabulous time and will definitely be staying again if they will have us as we bought all the sandwiches they had on the bar so there were none availible for anyone else. Oops.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2011

I staid in the don valley hotel in sep and oct it was a brill time staing there! Rooms were nice and clean and comfortable, the bar area was clean and tidy, and beer was good! There is parking around the back with gates that are locked at night! But the best thing is that a game of pool is only 20p, brill! All in all a real good hotel and I will defo go and stay again! Martin firth from Wrexham

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Martinfirth
Reviewed 20 October 2011

I was stayed here when I was working in Sheffiled and enjoyed my stay that much I brought my friends here for a weekend. The staff was spot on, the rooms was clean and it was very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Me and my girlfriend have stayed at the Don Valley Hotel twice now. It is clean, and the rooms are well equipped. But best of all the staff are great, really friendly. They are just really relaxed and will help you out any way that they can. Couldn't recommend it enough!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andrew H
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We booked to stay in the don valley 'hotel' as we were planning on seeing the arctic monkeys at the don valley bowl! We pulled up and were first of all reluctant to leave our car out the back! From the Outside it looks like a run down working mans club! On entering the donvalley the smell of stale beer and cigarettes is overwhelming!We were shocked to see what look like one of the dangerous breed of dogs freely wandering around downstairs! There is no reception and you simply 'book in' at the rough old bar they have there! Our room was horrible and beyond basic! The bathroom was equally disgusting and I refused to even go in there! The bedroom to be fair was clean but on close inspection of the bedding there was a stain on the mattress sheet!!We were also put off by the disco/karaoke area that goes on till 2am!! Be warned this is directly beneath the bedrooms!!
The don valley claims to be a hotel but Is simply a pub with questionable cliental with rooms above it! I wouldn't stay there if you paid me, and we didn't! We handed our key in and booked in at the premier inn down the road!

It is situated on a run down road that gets worse as you drive along it! Everywhere looks shut or too run down to be open! We drove past the don valley twice as it just looks like all the other half derelict buildings along there!

Easily the worse place I have ever (nearly) stayed in!! Just awful...stay away!!!

• Stayed: June 2011