“The food is disgusting.”

Dam House Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #755 of 1,490 Restaurants in Sheffield
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The damhouse Sheffield is set within the tranquil surroundings of Crookes Valley Park and offers fantastic food, superb drinks and a welcoming atmosphere. It prides itself on offering great value for money but maintaining a high quality menu, modern décor and always helpful, friendly staff.When you visit the damhouse you will find amongst relaxed surroundings lots of room to sit as well as seven big tv's for you to watch all the latest sports.If you love food, good value drinks and a warm welcoming environment then you will love the damhouse.
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I really enjoy going here for a drink outside in the summer. The food here is awful. My two children have eaten here before but the quality has really gone downhill. A couple of months ago i orderded a childrens chicken goujons and chips for my son and my daughter ordered a cajun chicken on a panini. Burnt goujons and burnt chips arrived. Lovely. The cajun chicken was on a baguette and not a panini. I work in kitchens and know the difference. Yesterday a carvery trolley was set up for sunday dinner, the three joints of meat looked amazing ! I thought id treat the kids. £4.00 each not bad ! Paid for went over to get their meals well...disgusting. Lumpy mash, carrots, and some white stuff being passed off as cabbage. Asked what meat they wanted they chose chicken. A chicken breast (tiny) was reached from under the trolley and cut in half. Not sure what was wrong with the meat on top it must have been plastic ! And the pudding was black burnt rubber even my husband wouldnt eat it. I wish id have complained but i didnt. We spend a lot of time and money here but wont be eating here again! EVER !!.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We had our wedding party here after getting married in Greece . After all the stress of planning a holiday and wedding I couldn't have been more relieved when I told the manager what I wanted before I went and only visited for 5 minutes when I returned and everything was sorted .they offered to decorate and even to supply the decorations ! In arrival I was more then pleasantly surprised with the help of a few friends (I had to work ) it looked beautiful ... As the night went in the staff were officiant and nite then helpful to all our guests . The food was served in time and everyone was impressed it was delishious,fresh and hot and more then enough fit everyone . Overall a fantastic night that was great value for money . I highly recommend the dam house for any function or just a meal u will not be disappointed

1  Thank jennifer d
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Variety of selections on the menu and our party chose lasagna, variety meat platter, pizza, fish burger, grilled chicken burger, barbecue chicken platter. All were pleased. We sat on porch outside and it was a beautiful evening.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I recently attended a wedding reception here and from reading previous reviews I was not expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. The staff were warm and friendly, the drinks were reasonably priced, and even though I didn't eat, the food looked good. I also found the room and toilets nice and clean, and the DJ was great and had everybody up dancing until the early hours. I would recommend Dam House to any of my friends. Thanks for a brill night.

Suzanne.

1  Thank Suzanne B
Reviewed 28 June 2014

A nice setting for relaxing and drinking a few ales on a gorgeous summer evening.

Wife and I stumbled on this place while going for a walk in one of the local parks. We were just in Sheffield for the night. Didn't pay attention to the inside. We sat outside on the terrace overlooking the lake and park. My wife ordered 1 appetizer, it took quite a while for the order to complete, but it was delicious and quite a bit of food. We ended up splitting it and making that our meal for the evening (along with the ales of course).

1  Thank Tuttle_NC