“Outstanding service and great food”
Review of Wig and Pen

Wig and Pen
Ranked #739 of 1,490 Restaurants in Sheffield
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Gastro pub. Sister to Milestone restaurant in Sheffield.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Walked in without a reservation and they found us a spot. Food was delicious and I was allowed to order something from the breakfast menu even though it was afternoon. Eggs Benedict was incredible :) The manager has just the right balance of service - interacting with the customers without it being awkward. Would definitely go again!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

It was a busy Friday night at the bar, but we were ushered to a quieter table at the back of the restaurant. The service was great; attentive but discreet. We enjoyed a diverse range of fresh food that was both well cooked and interestingly presented. A great inner city location and I would go back next time I am travelling through Sheffield.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

went on a wednesday night, got a living social deal so made it exellant value. i had pork belly and my partner had chicken with both cooked to perfection and well presented . had brownie with ice cream which was all home made and delicious. drinks all seem to be 4 pounds whether wine or beer. very good service with a smile.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We had a really pleasant Sunday lunch. One of the nicest Sunday lunches I've experienced in a restaurant. The service was very efficient and friendly.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We planned on going out for a nice Sunday lunch, wanting to go somewhere we had never been before. I have previously been to Milestone on Kelham Island on 4 or 5 occasion and always had a great meal even though it is on the pricy side. I knew that Wig & Pen was part of the Milestone family so assumed it would be up to the same high standard, but we was very disappointed. They were clearly understaffed and our waitress seemed to have a lot on her plate and forgot numerous parts of our order and simple tasks like the bill and drinks were taking 10 minutes and longer. We both had the soup to start which was very nice I must say, but the main took a while to come and my partner found numerous large fish bones in her fishcake so she couldn't finish her meal. We told them this but they dud not offer us any compensation. I think if you charge medium to high prices for food, the service should also be to the highest standard and this was a massive failing and we probably won't be returning.

1  Thank Mitchell H