“Average” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wig and Pen

Wig and Pen
Ranked #441 of 1,418 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Pizza, British, Pub, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Gastro pub. Sister to Milestone restaurant in Sheffield.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I was expecting good things with being linked to the milestone. However I was sadly disappointed. The food was only okay. Portions only small. Thought there might have been a specials board but we never saw it. Didn't bother with desserts after the main course. Went home for our own cheese and biscuits. It's trying to be a gastro pub but I don't think it's there yet.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Different each visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I would have to give it an average, not because the food wasn't good but seems to be rather inconsistent. Came in previous winter for dinner and the food was amazing! Fish was fresh, hot chicken wings was delicious and the dessert and sorbets were great, loved the little tucked away restaurant ambiance as well. The second visit was few months back, they changed the menu and the food was just average. There wasn't anything interesting going on and definitely not as tasty as the previous visit. I was mildly disappointed. I came in a third time with a group of friends who came to visit Sheffield and I slightly regretted bringing them here. We came in during lunch, just couple weeks ago, the menu has changed again, but that's alright. half the table had pork. I had a risotto and couple others had fish. The pork was so tough, by the time we were through with half of it, our jaw was failing us. Risotto was average, boring, and had nothing special about it. The fish was fresh, and pretty much the only dish we were happy with. It was a disappointing trip and my overall dining experience has pretty much just been downhill ever since my first visit. Bright side tho, the staff are always friendly and polite. But definitely did not feel like the price was worth my third visit. Not keen on recommending it again.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank RikkaBH
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

My mum and I went here a couple of weeks ago as we had a living social voucher that cost £17 which included a large glass of wine and a main course for two and we thought seemed like great value. We were a bit early and had a cocktail and they were very reasonably priced at £4.50 and they were so good too and we could really tell that the barman had put a lot of effort into making them. Once we were seated, my mum ordered red wine and I had the white. Both were excellent and they were a very generous size! For our mains, my mum ordered the chicken with chorizo risotto which she said was very enjoyable and I ordered the belly pork - it was delicious! I bought the exact same voucher for Fancie and had the belly pork in there too and it wasn't half as good as the one in here. It was perfectly cooked and came with mashed potatoes. Couldn't fault it and for £8.50 each including the drink we couldn't go wrong! I am looking forward to going back again and would not hesitate to pay full price as the food and drink are definitely to a high standard.

1 Thank chughes17
Durham, United Kingdom
“Outstanding service and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Walked in without a reservation and they found us a spot. Food was delicious and I was allowed to order something from the breakfast menu even though it was afternoon. Eggs Benedict was incredible :) The manager has just the right balance of service - interacting with the customers without it being awkward. Would definitely go again!

Gold Coast, Australia
“Great range of quality and good value food inner city”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

It was a busy Friday night at the bar, but we were ushered to a quieter table at the back of the restaurant. The service was great; attentive but discreet. We enjoyed a diverse range of fresh food that was both well cooked and interestingly presented. A great inner city location and I would go back next time I am travelling through Sheffield.