“Raw chicken on the menu?”

Zizzi - Sheffield Meadowhall
Ranked #251 of 1,516 Restaurants in Sheffield
Price range: US$12 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Our restaurant in Meadowhall shopping centre provides much needed rest and refreshment for the thousands of visitors who flock to the complex every year. Located in the aptly named Oasis dining court, Zizzi has been an instant hit since we opened, providing customers with fresh, rustic Italian dishes served in a relaxed and contemporary restaurant. We get really busy, so booking is highly recommended!
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The meal was POLLO PROSCIUTTO (chicken wrapped in prosciutto ham) and the small piece on the left of the attached photo is the clearest example of raw chicken although most of it was undercooked. It was not just the colour, it was the texture and feel of the meat, and when shown to the duty manager, she did not dispute that it was raw chicken, just apologized and said that the chef had made a mistake....
....some mistake!

Reported to Sheffield Council Food Safety

1  Thank Paul R

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Been several times before and always had good service, but they must have been having a bad day today!!! Waitress who greeted us (long blond hair) barely spoke never mind had any sort of smile. We had to ask if there were any specials and she informed us there was a post-it inside of menus, which there wasn't. She then brought a post-it and put it on table without saying anything. A different waitress took our order (dark hair), but didn't write it down she just memorised it. I think that because she tried to memorise it I was brought the wrong meal. They brought me a spaghetti bolognese instead of a spaghetti pomodora? I am vegetarian so I could not have settled for the bolognese. When I told the waiter the meal was not what I ordered (a male waiter this time) he just took it away without any form of apology. Therefore, my family had their meals long before my correct meal was ready.

My son's pizza was barely warm when it arrived, but he didn't want to complain.

When my correct meal eventually arrived the male waiter offered me Parmesan cheese and grated quite a lot of it into my lap. He didn't seem to care about this too much although offered an very weak form of apology.

Whilst the food was of a reasonable standard apart from the pizza being barely warm, the service in my opinion was absolutely dire and they did not deserve our custom. Needless to say, we won't be going again.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

If you are looking for somewhere to eat in Meadowhall I would recommend Zizzi. They have a great selection of food (Fish, pasta Veggie) and have special deals (set menus and vouchers) to keep the prices down.

The food is fantastic, I would recommend the Arancini for the starter.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Visited for lunch after getting 25% off voucher.

Service ok, food tasty and plenty of it.

Would recommend carbonara and garlic bread with mozzarella and caramelised onions.

Not the cheapest but ok with an offer.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We did have to wait quite a while as the restaurant was busy but when the food did come it was quite nice. For starters we ordered a garlic bread between all four of us which was nice but the garlic did stick in the back of your throat for a while. For mains my two children had margarita pizzas which were rather large so they had to end up leaving a few slices. I had the chicken wrapped in ham which very tasty but tasted really buttery. My husband had a Zizzi special which I have included a picture of. Would reccomend this place.

1  Thank JessLoves