“Lunch or late lunch”

Best Western Plus Aston Hall Hotel
Ranked #9 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed 5 November 2013

On our way back from Essex having been to our Grandaughters,got big delays on the motorway due to an accident,so we stumbled across Aston hall hotel,missed lunch,but they said we could have bar snacks,so now we decided to stay,what a lovely surprise food was great ,between us we had homemade soup,sandwich,sirloin steak,chunky chips,salad,can't wait to come back and try the resturant,staff good,reception good,Had a great week eating out it's ages since I put a bad report on a resturant,I guess we must have been lucky,or is it good management?Watch out for my next review!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael J
Raquel S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Aston Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for the review and hopefully you will have a chance to visit us again shortly!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Aston Hall Hotel

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Having arrived to be told there was no hot water, with a polite chat and loyalty card, my room was changed to what I can only describe as palacial! Very clean, nicely decorated, everything I needed. I checked out the gym which was well equipped clean and tidy. The exterior and reception were very grand. The staff very polite and friendly. The bar and resturant were nothing special though, very quiet with no atmosphere. The food was very well presented and tasted ok, but nothing to write home about. Maybe I just prefer good old fashion honest style food?
I stayed here to make a change from staying at my regular hotel. I might do it again (very very handy for the motorway). Looks very grand, is very nice, but not for me on a regular basis.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ThinTiger
Raquel S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Aston Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to know you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and would appreciate further comments on areas you believe we could improve to persuade you to become one of our many regular guests. Regards.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed here on saturday 26th october 2013 for one night.On arrival & after checking in we were asked if we wanted to dine in the restaurant that evening which we replied yes & chose the time we wanted to dine which was 8.30pm
At 8.25pm we went to the restaurant & was asked if we had a table booked which we told them yes for 8.30pm we was then asked to wait in the bar & waiting we did till 9.00pm when we had to ask if our table was ready then to be told it was very busy which resulted in us getting upset annoyed for being left in the bar without any explanations prior to being sent in to the bar.
We decided not to eat there after the wait & upset & left after 9pm to find somewhere else to dine
The few staff on duty did not seem attentive at all to our needs as paying guests at the hotel.
We noticed there was a wedding & other party at the hotel & feel the hotel cannot cope with the other guests there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

I am so sorry to hear you did not have a good experience in our restaurant. I have carried out a full investigation to try and understand what happened on that evening. We did have a very large number of last minute bookings and walk-ins and that created a back log. All of our food is freshly produced and not pre packed. This ensures freshness, but time is required to prepare the meals. We do encourage guests to book as far in advance for the restaurant as they can, to avoid disappointment. I have also received your letter addressed to me, and I will be able to elaborate further on our actions in my reply directly to you. Regards.

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Aston Hall Hotel for one night for my sisters wedding. The room we stayed in was a basic double room but it was lovely. The bed was huge and the sheets were nice quality and clean. The facilities were good we got tea and coffee making facilities, towers and a good range of toiletries. The room was really modern, clean and quite large. The only down side was that we couldn't sleep because some body was doing something outside, sounded like a car, not sure if it was anything to do with the hotel. The room she got married in was good but they had left a noisy heater on! All the staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful. During the evening do the drinks at the bar were really expensive. The room that the bride stayed in was pretty spectacular, don't know how much she paid but the fixtures and fittings were lovely. Breakfast was also really nice and the room we ate in was nice and modern. Overall it is a good hotel which can offer some really lovely rooms.

• Stayed: October 2013
Raquel S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Aston Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for the review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Regarding the outside noise, when reported, our staff will do all they can to stop it or minimise it, but at times it may be something beyond our control (cars in the car park, etc).

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I was visiting a client in Sheffield quite regularly and was booked in here once when the hotel nearest the client, and just about every other hotel in Sheffield, was booked up. I would not willingly return.

First impressions were good, but quickly went downhill after I arrived. It was awkward and confusing to find my room (which was in the modern addition). The directions I had been given by the front desk were not good. When I obviously looked confused, i had expected an offer to guide me, but they obviously didn't have enough staff to do that and keep the front desk manned.

Most of the hotel flooring (including my room) was covered in a poorly fitted ugly brown wall-to-wall carpet. The bathroom was gorgeous, and looked recently made over. Too bad I cannot say the same for the room.

There is both a bar and restaurant on-site. The bar was lovely. The restaurant, where breakfast is served, was uncomfortable, with tables that are too small and a decor desperate for a make-over. As a vegetarian I couldn't eat in the restaurant anyway as there was nothing for me. So, I went to the bar where I could find at least 2 or 3 things I could eat on the menu.

The final nail in the coffin was at breakfast in the morning they were playing inappropriate music thru a poor quality boom box. Silence would have been far more preferable.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

I am sorry to hear you would not give us a second chance. I noticed you stayed in July 2013 and since then, quite a few areas have been refurbished, including the restaurant and bar. All of our menus have vegetarian options at all times. Besides, our team of chefs is quite accommodating and will cook something off the menu, provided we have the ingredients.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed on 19th October 2013 and this hotel is an absolute gem - definitely the Best Best Western I have ever stayed at and I've experienced many :-)
The tree-lined driveway and imposing building on arrival is stunning and only 1 minute from M1 - it really didn't feel like it when you were inside though...it felt as though you were in the middle of nowhere...SO peaceful. We received a warm and friendly welcome at Reception on arrival and the service throughout our stay was excellent from reception and all the bar & restaurant staff.
Our room (Tempest/406) in The Darcy building was stunning - the decor was really beautiful, it was spacious, quirky, spotlessly clean, well equipped and comfortable and the bathroom was fab with it's double sinks, double shower and free standing bath. The cuisine at breakfast and dinner was delicious, as was the bar snack we had in the bar when we arrived. The ingredients were fresh and there was plenty of choice. I had a showround of the hotel and its facilities and saw a few different styles of bedroom in the main house and west wing all of which are individually designed and lovely. The hotel has conference suites which are versatile and well furnished and the grounds and marquee are great for many types of functions. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling on business or leisure in the area.

1  Thank hotfemale66
Raquel S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Aston Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We appreciate it!

Reviewed 17 October 2013

As we live locally we booked into the Bamford restaurant last Friday evening and had a superb evening. The food is of a very high standard with the presentation being first class. The service in both the bar and restaurant were again superb and Carl behind the bar was a legend! All this and prices that you find in some pubs - we will be back again very soon!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Raquel S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Aston Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to our Restaurant. I will ensure Carl is aware of your compliments!