“Brilliant staff”

Ranked #5 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Brilliant staff”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

The staff here are the friendliest I've ever come across.
Overall the hotel is great, very classy decor and in a good location.
The room was big enough although a bit on the small size for the price paid compared to similar Sheffield hotels.
The only reason for giving just four stars rather than five was the lack of a bar and hot meals on room service on the night I arrived (It was a quite night)
The brilliant staff make it worth trying

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
HalifaxHall, Guest Relations Manager at Halifax Hall, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Hi Paul654. Thank you for your review. We remember your arrival and are so pleased to hear you had a good nights sleep here at Halifax Hall! Keep us in mind the next time you stay in Sheffield, we love familiar faces!

Laura.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed at the beginning of August with my wife when the Hotel was literally just opened for a wedding.

From start to finish all my needs anticipated and met, I pulled up and went into the reception are as the signage outside was still being installed I wanted to make sure I was in the right place. without hesitation the Halifax team assisted my luggage from the car and straight in to my room for me.

There is no tea and coffee in the room but it is replaced by a far better offer on the corridor where you can choose from lattes, mocha's, espressos, and a wide selection of teas all fresh it was like having own private free Starbucks outside our door. The team bake there own cookies too which I must admit I think I had more than my share.

The rooms are not huge but decorated with a quality feel and you can really see they have spent the money tastefully, The beds are the most comfy I have ever slept in away from home and the TV is a great size so you do not have to lay on the end of you bed just to see the screen.

The showers have great pressure and temperature but you really have to see for yourself when I say its like a waterfall the shower heads are the biggest I have ever seen, I wish I had this shower at home.

All the linen was fresh and clean and of extreme quality.

Food was amazing I had the fish and chips the night before the wedding and my wife had a tapas style meal and both was fresh and tasteful. All the wedding food was out of this world too.

I was thinking they was going to make the money up on the bar like every other Hotel I have visited for weddings in the past, how I was wrong.

Every member of staff we came across was friendly and professional I even spoke to a young chef who was very informative about the menu and you could see she had loads of passion for her job.

The only nag I would have is that I have now have to buy the white company's Nior range shampoo products for my wife and this is really expensive.

This is a really relaxed and friendly hotel that I will revisit, I hope they continue the way they have started.

1 Thank Tony W
HalifaxHall, Guest Relations Manager at Halifax Hall, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Good Morning Tony W!

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We always love to hear that we have fulfilled our guests needs and hopefully exceeded your expectations! The showers are by far one of my favourite things about this hotel so I'm glad they are noticed by our guests too! We will always strive to exceed your expectations, so please, always consider us on your trips to Sheffield - we love to se familiar faces!

Have a great day!
Chester, England
Reviewed 1 September 2013

At first we were a little dubious as the hotel is on campus, and so we weren't sure we'd got the right place!

They describe it as 'boutique' and it is, but it's also spacious and opulent - a very positive fusion of styles. We liked it - a lot, and very much appreciated the great selection of speciality teas and the expresso/cappucino coffee machine - at the end of the corridor - available gratis 24/7, so much better than a kettle in the room. All this and a very warm welcome from some lovely people running the place. There are still some teething difficulties, due to its newness/unfamiliar systems etc, but they were very minor and did not detract from our stay.

The room was beautifully decorated - a little on the small side, but lovely and with a very comfortable bed, the 32" flat screen TV was a nice change from some we've had to squint at over the years and both the evening meal and breakfast were very good.

As other reviewers have said the staff could not be faulted especially Jose and the friendly Liverpudlian girl who checked us out - it's a real pleasure to have stayed there and we will be back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello Around the World in 80 ways!!

Thank you for your review and feedback. As any new property we are still learning along the way so appreciate any comments or feedback, however small or large they may be! We are happy you enjoyed your stay here and can only hope you remember us the next time you visit Sheffield!

I'll be sure to let Jose and Sophie know of their outstanding guest service! Thank you, and have a wonderful day!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Our stay was very enjoyable. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and the rooms and food were both very good. Very well run hotel. I also had the longest piece of toast I have ever come across which would be worth a trip alone.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
HalifaxHall, Guest Relations Manager at Halifax Hall, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
Good Evening XYZ776.

We thank you very much for your lovely review of our hotel. The staff here are some of the best I've had the pleasure of working with, so it's always great to hear from our guests that you feel the same! We hope you visit us again, and I'll be sure to let the chef know he's doing a great job on the bread!
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stayed here this weekend with good friends. The rooms are clean and comfortable and well appointed. The staff are welcoming and helpful and the breakfast delicious. This is a quirky stay, if you've lived in university halls you will reminisce, but you'll feel like you've grown up and can afford the better things in life!! Just a couple if tips. Halifax Hall, to make the stay even better. Please make arrangements for car users to be ble to get through the security barriers in the Kate evening. It was a bit if a faff coping with security. Also, a mirror above the unit in which the hair dryer is used would help. The full length mirror on the wardrobe door can be difficult to reach . Other than that, perfect. Thank you.

2 Thank Julia M
HalifaxHall, Guest Relations Manager at Halifax Hall, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Dear Julia M.

Thank you for your kind words and helpful tips! We love our breakfast here at HH, so we are glad you enjoyed it too! Thank you for you tips, we have already spoken with security about the gate system, and plans to look at bedroom mirrors have been discussed.
We hope to have you stay with us again!
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I was lucky enough to stay here on a business trip, just 4 days after the hotel opened for business. The place is superb! Decor is excellent, and the food outstanding. But I have to commend the staff for their welcome and service - especially Jose, and our receptionist (who's name I forget, but who was from the great city of Liverpool...). The shower is huge! I have no hesitation in recommending Halifax Hall as a hotel..

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Richardhands
HalifaxHall, Guest Relations Manager at Halifax Hall, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Thank you Richardhands for your lovely review! I am so pleased to see you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us - we pride ourselves on having some of the most wonderful staff in Sheffield, and I have to agree - the showers are one of my favourite things about our guest bedrooms and bathrooms!
We look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon!
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Just stayed at this hotel, Its only just opened and we found the service and rooms to be excellent.
The location is good, being just out of the city centre but within easy walking distance of pubs and restaurants and also easy access of the countryside.

A novel idea to have good coffee machines on each floor and freshly baked cookies rather than the usual packet biscuits. The rooms were very good , not huge, but well fitted out with a large ensuite and very tastefully decorated, we would certainly stay again when visiting friends.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank The_Hof-1
Good Evening The_Hof-1.

Thank you for your wonderful review of our brand new hotel! We can only hope you visit us again soon. We agree with you on the cookies baked by our pastry chef - they are so good she has to hide them from all the staff!

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!