We stayed here for 2 nights for a family wedding which was held in this hotel/ conference centre. The venue was ideal for this & we had a lovely celebration.
The building has been refurbished to a high standard, the location and grounds are lovely. As others have said the staff are extremely friendly & helpful.
That said, there were however a few 'teething problems' with the hotel that need adressing
- There is an issue with the security staff, a taxi carrying an elderly lady was initially told to drop her off at the security barrier rather than being allowed to drive to the entrance (she was allowed in after some negotiation.) We were also reprimanded on our final morning by the security staff for not displaying a car park pass- this had not been mentioned at check in.
- The coffee/tea points in the corridor are an excellent idea but need more frequent attention. We found that the milk & cookie jars weren't replenished & that there was a shortage of clean cups & saucers on occassions.
- On the morning of the wedding, breakfast service was chaotic- some members of our party waited over an hour for their cooked breakfasts!
If more attention is paid to these details this hotel will be excellent & we would have no hesitation in staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formerly a Victorian steel baron’s mansion and subsequently a University hall of residence for more than 80 years, Halifax Hall has been transformed into a beautiful 38 bedroom boutique hotel in the heart of Sheffield. Ideal for conferences, meetings, events, weddings, parties and celebrations, as well as short stays and leisure breaks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo and HRS so you can book your Halifax Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.