Halifax Hall
  • Restaurant
US$96
US$83
Priceline
Hampton By Hilton Sheffield(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$136
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshalls of residencehomemade cookiescoffee machinestudent villagemusic roomstudent hallsuniversity campusstudent accommodationbotanical gardensroll top bathcold buffetecclesall roadlarge bathroomno lifthot drinkscooked breakfastfull english
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed for 1 night on a business and thoroughly enjoyed the visit.

The staff were excellent, the place was very clean and tidy. My rooms was a generous size and I liked the communal tea/coffee/fridge dotted around with fresh milk and homemade cookies.

If you want a place to stay in Sheffield then I'd recommend a stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank mikeh37
HalifaxHall, Guest Relations Manager at Halifax Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear mikeh37,

Thank you for your lovely review. We hope to see you the next time you are in Sheffield.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I stayed here for one night due to a business event. The gentleman on reception, I didn't catch his name but he had a sparkly earring, was incredibly friendly. My colleague and I arrived slightly before our rooms were ready and he was very kind to get us hot drinks whilst we waited. He was happy to ring cabs for us and give us information on the local area.

The room: was very clean and tidy. The bathroom was lovely with a large shower. Metal hangers in the wardrobe made slightly loud noises when moving them in the wardrobe and I was area my neighbouring room may hear it. Tea and coffee making facilities were were in the corridor for everyone to share, which was a bit of a downer. I didn't really like the idea of having to go into the hallway late at night or early morning for a hot drink. However, the coffee could be made using a machine and there was fresh fruit and homemade biscuits there too, which was a nice touch.

Breakfast: was really lovely. A nice choice of cereals, fruit fresh, yoghurt, meat and cheese followed by an English breakfast where you could pick the items you wanted.
I also had a dinner at the hotel which was very nice as well.

A cab from the train station was around £6 and the journey was 15 minutes long. I would definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Jeminem
HalifaxHall, Guest Relations Manager at Halifax Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Jeminem,

Thank you for your review. I'll pass onto Jamie your kind words thank you. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy our quality coffee offering, however please note for future stays that it is hotel policy and would be our pleasure to always bring any hot drinks to your room complimentary during your stay if you do not wish to leave your room.

Remember us the next time you are visiting Sheffield.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I was looking for a nice place to stay for one night as we were going to a gig at the o2 academy. After trailing the internet for a couple of hours Halifax Hall came up trumps as it was near the centre, not overpriced and had good reviews. We weren't disappointed, the staff were very welcoming, the rooms were lovely albeit the bedroom a bit on the small side, however the huge bathroom made up for that. We were late for breakfast the next day however the waiter was lovely and let us have something to eat even though they were closing up. We had a bit of trouble checking out however Jamie on the front desk was extremely helpful. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank emily l
HalifaxHall, Guest Relations Manager at Halifax Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear emily l,

Thank you or your review. So happy to know that you received great customer service from our staff. They work hard to make sure everyone's stay is comfortable and memorable. Ill pass on your special mentions and we look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise. We went for an over night stay and would have been happy to stay for longer. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. When we checked in we were chaperoned to our room and the chap offered to carry our bags. The room was small but perfectly formed. Very nicely decorated and immaculate. Apparently the refurbishment had been done months before but it still smelt freshly painted. The alcoholic drinks were very reasonably priced. The coffee machines on the landings are a great idea. The only downside was the espresso was only luke warm. I would like to commend the two male reception staff. They were so polite. The one who was on duty later in the evening was exceptional. He organised taxis, served drinks and did everything within his power to make our stay top class. I wish I had asked his name. So Halifax Hall, if I am staying in Sheffield again you will be my first port of call. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maxine R

Dear madmax1956,

What an amazing review! So lovely to read reviews like these thank you! Ill try and find out who was on shift on the front desk when you stayed with us - I have an idea, so I'll absolutely pass on his special mention. I hope the next time you are in Sheffield you think of us - we always like seeing familiar faces!

Take care,

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I stayed here with a few other members of my family for my dad's surprise 60th birthday party which was at a pub down the road! I stayed in a double room and I do have to say that it was absolutely lovely! it was clean, spacious and comfortable! The staff at reception were absolutely lovely as well, especially Jamie who on the morning after the party asked us all if we wanted some water for our journey home as we were looking worse for wear! Excellent staff and overall an excellent stay :) would definitely recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank caseymariexo

Dear caseymariexo,

I can't express how great for me it is to read reviews like yours. Ill make sure Jamie knows about his special mention - I really hope we see you again soon!