“Do you like quirky? We do!”
Review of Hardwick House B&B

Hardwick House B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sheffield
Hardwick House B&B
Ranked #17 of 32 Sheffield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We only had one night to stay somewhere near the Eccleshall area of Sheffield and when we found Hardwick House on the web we thought 'That's the one for us!'. And so it proved to be; delightfully shabby-chic and full of quirky interest and with friendly hosts. Not only that the beds in our twin room were really comfortable and we had a great night's sleep and then ended with a lovely breakfast seated around an old church door! It all suited us down to the ground, mind you we are slightly odd!

Room Tip: There are a range of differently themed rooms to suit different tastes
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 April 2014

It's not everywhere you can choose between a Victorian and a Scandinavian room, both with great views over Sheffield. Very friendly couple running the B&B. The breakfasts are lovely, and use their own eggs. We were staying near our daughter and son-in-law, and it was no trouble to have them for breakfast too. Spent most of the day at the Sharrow Vale Market - a great street market with lots of interesting stalls, and the local shops add to the interest too. Market happens 3 times a year - well worth checking when its on.

Room Tip: Victorian room with a giant rolltop bath, or Scandinavian with a wet room - your choice!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2013

So our third stay at Hardwick House, and first choice when visiting our student son in Sheffield. The location is ideal, a big detached house just minutes walk from the Botanic Gardens and the many restaurants and pubs around Eccleshall Road and Hunters Bar, yet a haven of tranquility down a quiet side road and with great views of the city.

The rooms are individual and idiosyncratic. We like the Victorian Gentleman's Room, with its views, an old style enamel bath of epic proportions and comfortable (if not large) bed. The Aga-cooked breakfast is served in the fabulous, old style kitchen, worth a visit just to see the table and arty decor.

The owners are friendly and welcoming, all done in an lovely fuss free way.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SimonButterworth
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Just spent a very pleasant stay at Hardwick House great location for visiting our daughter and also plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Breakfast was beautifully cooked. The bed was also very comfy. I was disappointed with the bathroom facilities, I didn't like the idea of the shower and toilet in the cupboard it may have been better if there had been a door on the cupboard instead of just a shower curtain. Would I stay there again yes I would but probably have a different room.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hils D
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed for just one night in the Swedish room after celebrating our daughter's graduation. The en-suite is a masterpiece of spatial economy - basically a cupboard sized area but tiled with beautiful slate. Lovely house, good breakfast and friendly people.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank paullock
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I chose this B & B completely at random as it was reasonably close to where I needed to be and my stay could not have been better. The room and breakfast were fantastic. Carole and Peter made me feel extremely welcome.......I will definitely return.

Carole

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank CaroleF506
Reviewed 31 March 2013

What should I say about these wonderful people here? They are highly caring and loving. I stayed here for almost 15 days as I was searching for my house here in Sheffield and believe me it’s like my second home. Mr and Mrs Lenox helped me all the way to make me comfortable in the new city. I hardly sometime see people go out of their profession and do something extra on humanity basis. But the rule finds exception here in this house. They will go a step ahead and try to help you. Both of them are highly humble and most importantly “empathetic”. Can you imagine as I was in bit hesitation to find address of my new office on first day, Mr Peter dropped me at my office…..and he made my day! If you are bit in confusion to find the suitable and safe place to stay and spending lot amount of time in reading reviews of thousands of B & B, for obvious reason of safety and secure place….u just knock the door of “Hardwick House” and wait for wonderful people to welcome you here.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo