“Ideal location”

Etruria House Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sheffield
Etruria House Hotel
Ranked #44 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We enjoyed our stay here very much. Nice room, good breakfast and good service! Will definitely be returning in the Summer.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TurleyC

Reviewed 21 November 2011

Having read the reviews after I booked the hotel for myself and my partner, I was unsure as to what I would make of our stay. We spent two nights here visiting friends at Crookes nearby; the location was ideal for us and the room provided us with everything we needed. The lady of the hotel was most welcoming and provided us with additional help with places to eat/go. She even let us leave our car in their car park the following day. I feel some of the reviews against this hotel are unnecessary and from my experience, are incredibly untrue. We should be encouraging small, characterful businesses rather than chain hotels!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank fox2009_11
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I stayed at this very homley hotel after moving my son out of one student accomodation into another. Its location is perfect with bars & resturants within easy walking distance. I walked into the center of the city in 20-25 min. I was made to feel very welcome, my room was clean with every thing I needed in it. I would much rather stay here than a chain hotel that has no soul or history.
Breakfast was excellant. parking was free.
will be going back to stay for graduation next year.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank lveholidays
Reviewed 24 February 2011

We've stayed there a number of times and always found it excellent - beautiful house, and very helpful and friendly hosts.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank differentHair
Reviewed 13 February 2011

While certainly good value for money and well situated for the University, there are a number of fundamental problems we had at the B&B:
1) Our bathroom was so small that to get from the toilet to the shower you literally had to shimmy around the sink. It was so tight in there that one person could barely move in there.
2) The room was overall dirty, bare, and poorly maintained. It just did not feel clean and the floor looked like it had not been vacuumed in months. It was also located at the base of the stairs so anytime anybody went up or down them it woke us up. Not sure if the rest of the rooms are as bad as this one, but from our experience (and other reviews below) I would make sure to avoid this one.
3) Although it was only November, it was absolutely freezing in our room. When we asked if they could turn on the heat the owners were quite rude and, while they consented, they ran it for about an hour or two and then didn't turn it on again for the rest of our stay. Ultimately, we had to sleep in layers and ask for multiple duvets just to stay reasonably warm.
4) The owners themselves were rude. We were asked to pay as soon as we walked in the door (before even a "hello" or "how was your trip"). The woman that works there appears to spend her time yelling at the elderly gentleman who works there (we could hear this through the walls). The same woman was seen yelling at an foreign tourist who was asking for clarification about the bill. Finally, we were told that breakfast was from 7-8AM and they were stunned/rude when we asked if they could alter the time a bit...not surprisingly, they were unwilling to change the time at all.
5) The television got virtually no reception. We were able to get 2 channels and even those were completely filled with static and would shift back and forth from colour to black & white.
Ultimately, if you want a place just to sleep in while spending the rest of your time out-of-doors, perhaps this is a reasonable choice. Further, if you are doing things at the University it is just about your only choice. Otherwise, I would not recommend Etruria House at all.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank robbottoms
Reviewed 22 November 2010

Just stayed with my girlfriend for one night on a nostalgic trip back to where had been at Uni and thought the accomodation was spot on for what wanted. The location is on a hill between Crookes and Broomhill with easy wlaking distance to both. Broomhill is a leafy student suburb with plenty of pubs, take aways and Balti King!! Particularly enjoyed the York, newly refurbished and good atmos in there on Friday. The Hotel was in a great location for exploring the University area. An old Victorian style building we were met by owner who was very friendly and genuine. The room was dated and quiet basic by modern standards but everywhere was clean. A portable TV in corner and toilet and shower behind a slide door close to bed!! Spending most of the time out and about we used the hotel as a base from which to explore. After a good night sleep we went for cooked English breakfast that was bacon, egg, hash brown, mushrooms and lashings of toast. Again served by nice family members!! So overall an enjoyable stay, if you're looking for modern, 5*, ameneties then not the place but if you want well located, friendly staff and a good CHEAP base to explore i would recommend.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2010

I have just come back from this Hotel and it is Ideal as i just needed somewhere to sleep. The Price was ok and itw as in walking Distance of where i had to go.I was a bit concerned after i booked it as i had not read the reviews on here, but i think it has not been long re decorated. It was clean and tidy if you wanted anything you just had to ask. If i ever had to go to Sheffeild again i would have no problem in staying at this Hotel.It even had free internet which i was pleased about.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business