“Premier Inn Sheffield Arena”

Premier Inn Sheffield (Arena) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Aylesbury, England, United Kingdom
“Premier Inn Sheffield Arena”
Reviewed 14 February 2012

This hotel is awful. The staff is crap, the hotel is crap, the food is crap and it is very unclean and smelly. Save your money and use another Premier Inn

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul B
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Sheffield (Arena) Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of and service in a relaxed and comfortable environment, I sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to do this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Customer Service Team at our Head Office. Thank you

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Guisborough, Cleveland
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Hotel is opposite the Stadium. The staff, food & cleanliness are first rate.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are away from the main road.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
North Wales
Reviewed 7 February 2012

My friend and I stayed here for a week while attending the European Ice Skating Championships in January. It is ideally placed a 3 minute walk from the Motorpoint Arena and Ice Sheffield. The room was immaculate (if not cleaned as well during the stay) when we arrived and was spacious and airy. The staff are superb! The welcome was genuine and warm and nothing was too much trouble for them. There is a restaurant onsite right next to Reception and the choice of food and drinks was good and nicely cooked and served by pleasant serving staff. I would highly recommend this Premier Inn for anyone wanting to stay in this area and I would definitely stay there again.

Bedford
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Stayed with premier inn many times but this was not one of my best experiences. The size of the restaurant is much to small when events are going on at the arena and lets face it thats probabally the reason you would be staying here. Hurded together in a restaurant the size of a rabbit hutch is not my idea of fun.
My advice would be to stop at the other premier inn near to meadowhall shopping centre or the e tap hotel accross the road. Although you would be a little bit further from the arena you would have a better more comfortable place to have a meal and breakfast.
But now for the positive. The staff were so very excellent in coping with an environment they could do nothing about especially Kelly and sharron who went out of there way to help. But to all the staff well done and keep up the good work. Food was as good as ever for premier inn and because I had booked two nights and had paid but decided I didnt want to dine in this rabbit hutch anymore premier did refund my other night so only paid for one so excellent customer service.I would always stop with premier inn again as you can always rely on the standard of the room at a good price but sadly not this one. If I had a hotel of my own or restaurant however I would poach all the staff 5 stars plus to the staff

Room Tip: all rooms basically the same
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
HULL
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Stayed at the hotel in december for one night because we were seeing Kasabian at the motorpoint arena. The hotel is ideally located for the arena and has ample car parking, when we arrived we were greeted by the receptionist who was very helpful with advice for the local area and booked out reservation for our evening meal and breakfast. We went to our room and discovered the heating wasnt working so we reported this to reception as we left for the afternoon and when we returned this had been sorted. Our reservation for the evening meal was 5:15pm and we had booked the 3 course meal, the restaurant and bar area is very small and is under staffed. I have no complaint with the staff who were present they did a great job and there was far to much work for the amount of them. By 7:20pm over 2 hours after we had sat down for our meal we still hadnt received our deserts and two of our party had to leave to go and get changed as we way running late for the concert. I would stay again at the hotel if I was visiting the motorpoint arean but I wouldnt book an evening meal or breakfast at the hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Having stayed here before, I knew the staff to be friendly and helpful and the hotel is convenient for the Arena and ice rink. The restaurant is too small, but I understand an extension is planned. Not usually available at rock-bottom rates but reasonable value if sharing.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back farthest from the lift may suffer from muffled noise from Sheffield Forgemasters f...
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed for a week whilst attending a sporting event. Room clean on arrival and kept so by the staff. All staff friendly and helpful even when late at night and not many on duty. Breakfasts were good and again staff could not have been more helpful.