“Great location for the Arena, Ice Sheffield, EIS and Don Valley Stadium”

Premier Inn Sheffield (Arena) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed 7 March 2012

A typical Premier Inn with good beds, friendly and helpful service and a great location. A few minutes from the M1 with free parking, but can also use the tram to access from either Meadowhall or Sheffield City Centre. We had a very late check in, which was completed in less than one minute.

The eating area is very tight, we had the last table at breakfast one morning and there are steps to some of the seating.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel avoid road noise
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Stayed here 18/2/12. Hotel very clean, staff very friendly (but extremely overworked), restaurant is far too small for the size of the hotel. Food in the restaurant is very good and great value but if you want to eat there you need to book before you arrive. Hotel location is fantastic for the arena.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back away from the main road if you'd like an extra quiet room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2012

This hotel is awful. The staff is crap, the hotel is crap, the food is crap and it is very unclean and smelly. Save your money and use another Premier Inn

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Paul B
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Sheffield (Arena) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of and service in a relaxed and comfortable environment, I sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to do this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Customer Service Team at our Head Office. Thank you

Reviewed 13 February 2012

Hotel is opposite the Stadium. The staff, food & cleanliness are first rate.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are away from the main road.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 February 2012

My friend and I stayed here for a week while attending the European Ice Skating Championships in January. It is ideally placed a 3 minute walk from the Motorpoint Arena and Ice Sheffield. The room was immaculate (if not cleaned as well during the stay) when we arrived and was spacious and airy. The staff are superb! The welcome was genuine and warm and nothing was too much trouble for them. There is a restaurant onsite right next to Reception and the choice of food and drinks was good and nicely cooked and served by pleasant serving staff. I would highly recommend this Premier Inn for anyone wanting to stay in this area and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Stayed with premier inn many times but this was not one of my best experiences. The size of the restaurant is much to small when events are going on at the arena and lets face it thats probabally the reason you would be staying here. Hurded together in a restaurant the size of a rabbit hutch is not my idea of fun.
My advice would be to stop at the other premier inn near to meadowhall shopping centre or the e tap hotel accross the road. Although you would be a little bit further from the arena you would have a better more comfortable place to have a meal and breakfast.
But now for the positive. The staff were so very excellent in coping with an environment they could do nothing about especially Kelly and sharron who went out of there way to help. But to all the staff well done and keep up the good work. Food was as good as ever for premier inn and because I had booked two nights and had paid but decided I didnt want to dine in this rabbit hutch anymore premier did refund my other night so only paid for one so excellent customer service.I would always stop with premier inn again as you can always rely on the standard of the room at a good price but sadly not this one. If I had a hotel of my own or restaurant however I would poach all the staff 5 stars plus to the staff

Room Tip: all rooms basically the same
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Stayed at the hotel in december for one night because we were seeing Kasabian at the motorpoint arena. The hotel is ideally located for the arena and has ample car parking, when we arrived we were greeted by the receptionist who was very helpful with advice for the local area and booked out reservation for our evening meal and breakfast. We went to our room and discovered the heating wasnt working so we reported this to reception as we left for the afternoon and when we returned this had been sorted. Our reservation for the evening meal was 5:15pm and we had booked the 3 course meal, the restaurant and bar area is very small and is under staffed. I have no complaint with the staff who were present they did a great job and there was far to much work for the amount of them. By 7:20pm over 2 hours after we had sat down for our meal we still hadnt received our deserts and two of our party had to leave to go and get changed as we way running late for the concert. I would stay again at the hotel if I was visiting the motorpoint arean but I wouldnt book an evening meal or breakfast at the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple