“Nice hotel, great staff, close to the arena” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Sheffield (Arena) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 54 Hotels in Sheffield
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel, great staff, close to the arena”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2010

Stayed at the hotel as we were going to see Michael Buble and wanted to be close by. The hotel was lovely and clean. The staff were very helpful as we has not been to the arena before, they gave us directions and recommended places to eat. Breakfast was lovely and again all the staff were polite and helpful. Will definately stay there again!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Berkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2010

I stayed at this hotel as we were going to see Michael Buble at Sheffield Arena. The hotel was full of people going to the concert, so I would book early as I suspect it is very popular as it is so close to the arena. Room was nice & clean can't complain. Very close to the arena, in fact I could see it from my window, it is right accross the road. Plenty of place to eat, pub just to the left of the hotel and to the left of the arena there are plenty of places to eat, but be warned you will have to eat early to get a table. We thought we would be fine to go out at 5.30-6 for dinner, but every place we went into was packed with 1/1/2 hour wait just for a table, we wished we'd stayed in the hotel for dinner now!

• Stayed March 2010
Doncaster, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2010

Stayed here with my mother for one night as we should have been going to see Lady Gaga perform at the arena. However, she cancelled and as Premier Inn were not willing to allow me to amend the date we decided to stay at the hotel anyway.

The hotel is located on a very long road which has Meadowhall on one side, Centertainment (cinema, retail park, eateries,bars) on the other and Sheffield Arena and Don Valley Stadium a little further along towards Attercliffe. A fair few industrial estates lie along this stretch of road and it is therefore a little run down and desolate in places.

This is one of the older Premier Inns and therefore not as modern as some, however it is very clean and there is a nice restaurant on site. We did not sample this however as we chose to eat at a curry house in Attercliffe.

Suitable for those attending an event in the area, but not a great deal else around.

• Stayed March 2010
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Sheffield (Arena) Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2010
Thanks for your feedback. At Premier Inn we endeavour to offer the best value quality stay. All feedback both positive and negative is investigated and acted upon to ensure we are offering our customers the best possible service. We are pleased to hear that your stay with us was a comfortable one and our hotel met your expectations. Once again thank you for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Surrey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2009

I have stayed at this hotel on a regular basis over the last year, once a month on average, and have never had a bad experience. Typical premier inn rooms ( which are fine), but absolutely clean and tidy. Easy parking, and excellently located for the arena, EIS, Ice stadium etc. The restaurant is quite small, but I have never had a bad meal and have tried a few things on the menu by now! The portions are huge - so watch out how much you order. The service in the evening and at breakfast is very friendly, fast and efficient.
I would never stay anywhere else in sheffield unless I was forced to.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank KeefandJan
Preston, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2009

A typical Premier Inn. I chose it purely for the location as I was attending a concert at the Hallam FM Arena. Free parking on site and I found a space no problem.

Room was very typical - there some slight noise due to another event going on at the Arena the night I arrived, but that was all done by 11pm and I was pretty much expecting it, so no worries there.

Just two points - Premier Inn mentions on it's in-room literature that they will always consider the safety of female guests travelling alone (as I was), by not placing them in rooms at the end of a corridor and also by ensuring that they hand the room key to them in a discreet manner, to ensure that all and sundry are not aware of the room number. The latter did not happen in this case; my room number was fairly bellowed across the small and crowded reception area (which is just next to the bar which has public access, incidentally). Fortunately I was not bothered by this, but can understand that some would not have appreciated it.

Second point is that (at least when I stayed there) the full English breakfast was not served buffet-style, due to space restrictions. I was given a card to complete with tick boxes to state what I wanted and it was delivered to my table. Again, this was not a problem as I was not in a hurry and the order arrived promptly and 100% correct. Just something that potential guests might like to be aware of.

• Stayed November 2007, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
2 Thank SparkintheDark
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2009

Like the poster below we were also here for the Stereophonics gig (perhaps we sat next to you in the restaurant as the hub of the couple next to us had a curry lol!)

Never have a real bad word to say about Premier Inns - we've stayed at many and find them excellent value for money, brilliantly located and nicely furnished. The arena is literally a walk across the road from this one.

We didn't have breakfast here, opting for the McD's down the road on the way to the M1, but we did have dinner which was disappointing and I wouldn't recommend it. Normally we would eat out but the traffic on the M1 was very congested and due to our late arrival, timescales left us with no option. We have however eaten breakfast in other Premier Inns and it's been excellent value for money, so please don't be put off by our poor opinion of the evening meal.

Beds and rooms were extremely comfortable as usual and parking was plentiful.

We did note the Etap hotel across the road on the same side as the Arena - at £35 a room it may be worth a punt for those staying after a gig.

• Liked — Location, comfortable rooms as always, plenty of parking
  • Disliked — Evening meal, eat out is my recommendation
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple