“Expensive Swim”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Expensive Swim”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We found this leisure centre really expensive, its over £6 per adult and then over £5 for kids, so a family of 4 are paying more than £20 just to go swmmming, and then if its busy you have an allocated time to have to get out.

We went here with our 2 boys aged 5 and 3, our 5 year old loves the slides and has no fear of water so this is why we went to this leisure centre as the one nearer to us has an age limit on the slides of no under 8's. We spent a good 20 minutes or so taking our eldest down the slides but then the big blue slide closed. My husband went to go back down it to be told by the life guard that it was closed for twenty minutes, when he asked why she said it was to let people go on the other slide for a bit?!? Confused, yeah so were we, there were people on the other slide so we think they closed it as there wasn't enough life guards on duty.

There is a smaller slide and also a pirate ship for the smaller kids which our youngest enjoyed using but then the main pool which we weren't allowed to go in as it is for people that can swim unaided turned on their wave machine and because the pools are not seperated by a wall the waves come through to the smaller pool and the kids get thrown all over. Our youngest was terrified and it really but a downer on the day as he was too scared to let go of me so I was left with him clinging to me until the waves were turned off.

The place itself looks ok and has ample lockers and changing rooms but we were left feeling a bit dissappointed by it especially for the price it costs so we wont be going back.

1 Thank mum_of_2_1981

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Has the right facilities but is really dirty”
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

I have a full membership and have been using the facilities for 3 years. Hillsborough is the worst of the fitness unlimited gyms in terms of cleanliness. There's alway dirt/ dust on the machines, floor and the spa facilities are really gross and smell bad. The pool is over chlorinated and unhygienic. The best thing about Hillsborough is the classes- yoga, spin, body attack, body pump and step are just excellent and the £30 a month is a bargain.
I wish it was cleaner though!!! It would make it a much better experience.

2 Thank Gillbags
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Lots of good things but lots of bad”
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

My sons have swimming lessons here, my oldest his instructor Richard is fantastic cant fault him, my younger son age 2 is the youngest in his class and I think sometimes pushed a little hard by his instructor which has put him off going sometimes I think she's called Tracey, there has been a stand in the last few weeks called Gareth and another lady both has made the class more enjoyable for the very little ones, they learned /practised all the techniques but it was made fun, these instructors also was in the pool with us where as Tracey stands on the side with a head mic I think this can be a little intimidating for small children, the leisure pool is good but the blue slide is good only fault is that u constantly have to push ur self along it, but once u get going is brill, showers sometimes go really hot and cold, also going bk to lessons I haven't been informed on some occasions about changes, Also had problems getting through the the viewing gallery to watch my sons lesson going bk and forward to reception for bands, craig in reception is very friendly,Can't comment in gym/classes etc as haven't been in that area

3 Thank Bexsutton
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great for kids...”
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Great swiminng pool for kids with safe slides and pirate ship. My family always enjoy a time spent at the leisure centre. Staff very friendly but its seems like receptionists have a very little time to explain you anything. Just pay and go.

Visited July 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Water lot of fun”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Good place for general fitness. Usual things too do. equipped gym and sports halls etc. good bathing facilities. not far from Sheffield Wednesday FC and Hillsborough park.

Visited July 2013