“Harry's kitchen”

Hollywood Bowl Sheffield
Ranked #12 of 54 Fun & Games in Sheffield
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I went here with my friend just for a meal as I knew the bowling alley had recently undergone a refurbishment, upon arrival the diner decor looked funky with the cadillac tables, bright and spacious tables, the menu is based around this mans travels around America on his penny farthing looking for state recipe,story a nice touch but that's where the nice stuff ends, expect burgers, hotdogs, and chicken wings at this bar hence American food,when the food arrived the starter and the main came out together?? the food was barely warm I asked my friend about his and he did not want to touch the chips at all as they were stone cold. As this was a quick passing by I did not want to make a fuss and ask for it to be changed.

There are newer reviews for Hollywood Bowl Sheffield

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

I took my 4 year old as a treat last Thursday. When I got there the reception was empty for 5 minutes until the staff bothered to stop chatting and make an appearance. They didn't apologise for the wait. I asked some questions about facilities for kids (lighter balls are advertised online) and they looked at me like I asked for the secret to the universe (42, by the way). I ordered a kids pizza and some wedges from the lane. Neither were cheap. The pizza looked and tasted as if it'd been made in the microwave and the wedges were almost raw on the inside and burnt on the outside. I asked for fresh wedges and they came back the same. When I asked for my money back I was told i was the only person to ever complain and that they were cooked. I asked if she'd ever tasted them. She hadn't. When we'd just finished our game and were still putting our shoes back on, the staff had sent the next couple to play on our lane, in spite of the fact that there were at least 15 other lanes free. I think they wanted me out! Spend your money elsewhere.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

1st time going there with 3 friends and experience started off badly and did not improve. I had booked tickets and there was no problem with the reference number, although that was the only easy part about the evening. The service was poor, could not hear the person serving and she seemed unwilling to help. The lanes were dirty with spilt drinks and had to ask for assistance with the names of the bowlers system, which seemed like a drag for the person who came to help. Went to eat at the Harry's kitchen afterwards and the service was poor there as well. Drinks weren't served immediately (just tap water, not difficult) and the waiter forgot the others. Shame it is the only accessible bowling alley near Sheffield for students.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Went to hollywood bowl in a group of 13 people. We had 2 games using 2 lanes anbd it was really good fun. Its cheaper to book on line so try that if you can.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I am incensed to find out that this company do not give disabled people concessions at peak times. So basically if a disabled person wants to go bowling on a weekend they have to pay full price. This is disgraceful. It's strange that attractions like Thorpe Park, Chessington, Woburn Abbey, Whipsnade, etc do not discriminate against disabled people at any time.
My Son has learning difficulties and autism - why should I have to pay full adult price just because we can only go on a weekend as a treat for his birthday.
Hollywood Bowl - you should be ashamed of yourselves. Needless to say I didn't book it.