“Great budget hotel”

Ranked #15 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Great budget hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed for one night on a Saturday in July 2014. Fast, smooth check in and check out. Staff helpful and efficient. Given an excellent modern clean room with super kingsize comfortable bed, flat screen wall mounted TV and Tea/Coffee maker on the seventh (top) floor. Very quiet location. Modern bathroom with large walk-in shower. Breakfast adequate and included in room rate. All in all this high end budget hotel takes some beating for the £63 per night we paid for a room for two people. Within walking distance of Sheffield City Centre (approx 1 mile) but if walking isn't your thing or problematic weather then our taxi cost us only £4. Hotel car park charge £5 per night but worth it for the convenience. We would definitely use this hotel again. Well done Holiday Inn Express. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hermann B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheffield City Centre, responded to this review, 14 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to your liking.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

A big thank you to all the staff for making a two month stay very bearable. To the evening and nite staff especially. So to Neal, Jason, JP and everyone else a big thankyou.This is an extremely friendly and sociable hotel that's perfect for midweek business users and for weekend visitors alike.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Hermann B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheffield City Centre, responded to this review, 13 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass your comments on to all the staff.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights last weekend for the TDF. This was very well priced and included breakfast, so we were surprised how well appointed and modern this place was. We ate their every night which we normally wouldnt do, but the food was great and well priced. Service was top notch, well done to all the staff. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel if staying in Sheffield.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was glad to read that you enjoyed your weekend with us and that you chose to eat with us during your stay.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Kent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I booked two rooms at this hotel for a short visit to Sheffield. The hotel is conveniently located, about 10 minutes walk to the city centre. A typical Holiday Inn, very clean, spacious and simple. The rooms are of good quality, the double bed was huge, and the bathroom was so bright and clean, it was gleaming. The bar area was large with ample seating. The hotel had free parking which was a pleasant surprise. Breakfast was also advertised as free. With expectations low I must say we enjoyed the variety of traditional cooked breakfast alongside fruit, cereal and pastries and it was all ok. The staff were professional and overall we left with a positive impression. So what about Dream Theater? They played at the City Hall, and were absolutely awesome, performing their full 'evening with' set. What a great weekend!

Room Tip: We were on the top floor which was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hermann B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheffield City Centre, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Especially that you enjoyed our breakfast as we have just changed some of the products to improve this.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Sheffield.

Canterbury
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Only stayed for one night as a quick stop over. Checked in quite late (9.45pm). The girl on reception was very helpful and actually looked on her computer what restaurants locally were open till late, as the hotel stopped serving at 10pm. The room was very spacious, clean, well presented with a lovely bathroom / showroom. The bed was a bit too soft for my liking but overall a good stay. If I was ever in the area again I would not hesitate to book again.

• Stayed June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I was really pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the receptionist helped you to find somewhere to eat when you arrived.
I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed here in March for one night, went to a gig at the Motorpoint Arena.

The hotel itself is in a good location, the city centre itself isn't that great to be honest but the hotel is in a nice new area of it. The nearest tram stop is within a 5 minute walking distance.

On arrival we were greeted by a friendly receptionist who checked us in efficiently. We were given our free wifi codes and sent on our way. The first impression of the room was great. My expectations weren't too high for a Holiday Inn if I'm being completely honest, but the room was clean, modern, had good lighting, and the bed was massive! (by far the biggest bed I've ever slept in!).

The free wifi is a massive selling point for this hotel, it worked really well and was fast so I was happy about that too.

My only gripe with the hotel is that there are no irons in the rooms, and when we asked for one we were advised that they had given them all out but they had setup a communal one in one of their conference rooms. (It's good that there was an option rather than - we've run out so tough).

I'd definitely stay in this hotel again, the price was competitive and good value for money, the place was clean, staff were friendly, and above all else I had a great night's sleep!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that on the night you stayed with us that their were no irons available for you to take to your room, this happens very occasionally and since March we have purchased more irons.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Sheffield City Centre for one night whilst travelling on business.

The hotel is very nicely situated in the city centre beside the river, and was relatively easy to find. The car park for hotel guests was very much appreciated, although might be very busy at the weekends.

The room was decorated to a very high standard and was incredibly comfortable. The bed in my room would have slept 4 it was so large!! The bathroom was of a very high standard, great modern furnishings and a powerful shower.

The complimentary breakfast was very nice, a good selection of continental items and a small cooked selection.

Staff were accomodating and helpful and made you feel very welcome.

All in all an excellent stay - I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Sheffield City Centre.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.