“Standard Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express Sheffield City Centre
Ranked #15 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Thetford, United Kingdom
“Standard Holiday Inn Express”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

If you are expecting glamour or luxury well sorry, you are just going to get comfort and cleanliness.
This hotel is your typical Holiday Inn, clean, comfortable and a friendly staff to top it off. Even though it was located very near to town center, it was fairly quiet- a nice change!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hermann B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheffield City Centre, responded to this review, 29 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back if you are visiting Sheffield again.

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Korean first
taipei
Reviewed 24 July 2014

A long way behind Premier Inn in terms of quality. Very cheap mattress, far too soft with cheap linens. Room was booked for 3 but once the sofa bed is up you have no space left at all. Bathroom however was very well equipped with a powerful shower. No inroom fridge, and wifi was inconsistent. We couldn't checkin at 3pm as they had "been very busy with 90 checkins and checkouts", poor excuse. This room had an adjoining door (1501) and we could hear everything going on next door. Location is good close to the city centre, but what a terribly dirty and unkept city Sheffield is, I thought Luton was bad enough but this place wins hands down. First and last stay.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am sorry that you did not find some aspects of your stay satisfactory. Unfortunately Holiday Inn Express standard does not allow us to provide fridges in the room, however we are more than happy to chill items in our fridges.

I was disappointed to learn that your room was not ready at the advertised time of 3pm, we do try and ensure that rooms are available before this time and if the allocated room is not ready we would change the rooms so that we can check you in. I apologise if this was not the case on your arrival.

I can assure you that I have taken note of all of your comments regarding your stay and we will look to improve on this.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We arrived in Sheffield late on a Saturday night, not having anywhere to stay, I had checked on my phone and this hotel was showing vacancies and so we went straight to it. They did indeed have vacancies but just twin rooms, we would have preferred a double as have not been married that long but the receptionist said the beds would push together and so we paid to stay the night. Whilst the room was clean and a good size, the beds would most definitely not push together due to the fixed bedside units so I was slightly disappointed at that.

The room was lovely and cool on a hot stuffy night, the beds were comfy, there was a slight mix up on the pillows as they had soft and firm labels but these were most definitely the wrong way around! We had to ask for more milk (hotels nevertheless provide enough milk so nothing new there).

The breakfast was overall very nice HOWEVER, what kind of hotel does not serve bacon?????? They had everything but, which my husband was gutted about!

Would definitely stay there again, my two recommendations are 1) Don't say you have double rooms/can push beds together when this clearly is not the case and 2) Get some BACON on the breakfast menu!!!!

Room Tip: Probably at the top of the hotel. It attracts groups such as hen & stag parties
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hermann B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheffield City Centre, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay with us.

Please be assured that I will speak to the reception team regarding the advising of pushing the beds together.

Unfortunately we are not allowed to serve Bacon for breakfast. The Holiday Inn Express Hot start breakfast standard is Sausage, Beans and scrambled egg only. These items were added not to long ago to add more variety as Holiday Inn Express was only a continental breakfast.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to the area.

Kind regards
Easley, South Carolina
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hotel was a great hotel, other than the wireless. Free wireless is advertised, but they don't tell you there is a cap on the amount of data unless you pay more. That was extremely annoying to me and might keep me from staying there in the future.

The location is good; a short walk from the train station. My room was beautiful. It was large, great view, and comfortable bed.

The staff was very friendly and helpful and dinner in their little restaurant was passable.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am sorry that the WI-FI data was not substantial for what you required, usually the cap on there is enough for our guests. I will speak to our provider to see if there is any way we can increase the data allowance.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Sheffield.

Blyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights with work and was really suprised how nice and clean the hotel was. Staff were very polite and willing to help. The rooms were immaculate and so were the bathrooms. Showers were excellent. Breakfast was very nice and plenty selection. Will definately be staying at this hotel next time I'm in Sheffield and I would recommend it.

Stayed July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was really glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Probably the best room I have ever had in a Holiday Inn Express. Modern, spacious room with full length windows giving views including of Park Hill (the ongoing regeneration of the largest listed structure in Europe).

Located centrally about a 5-10 minute walk to The Crucible and another few minutes to the Centre. Staff were friendly and efficient. After a bit of a random walk around the City ended up back at the hotel to eat (with low expectations) but it was quite good and decent value (especially liked the pulled pork sliders to start).

Wifi is free and works well. Wish they didn't charge (£5) for parking (just something I don't like at any hotel). Not much parking on site but you can use the overflow of the nearby Holiday Inn and then use a lift to get back down to the Holiday Inn Express.

The window cleaner needs a visit though as the windows were externally really dirty: and I can think of a few people who would be freaked out by the size of spiders and their webs all over the windows.

Was tempted to give a 5 - but a 4 it is!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us especially that you enjoyed our dinner menu and the free Wi-Fi that we have available.

Our window cleaners do come on a monthly basis and I am expecting them in the next few days.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to the Sheffield area.

Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed for one night on a Saturday in July 2014. Fast, smooth check in and check out. Staff helpful and efficient. Given an excellent modern clean room with super kingsize comfortable bed, flat screen wall mounted TV and Tea/Coffee maker on the seventh (top) floor. Very quiet location. Modern bathroom with large walk-in shower. Breakfast adequate and included in room rate. All in all this high end budget hotel takes some beating for the £63 per night we paid for a room for two people. Within walking distance of Sheffield City Centre (approx 1 mile) but if walking isn't your thing or problematic weather then our taxi cost us only £4. Hotel car park charge £5 per night but worth it for the convenience. We would definitely use this hotel again. Well done Holiday Inn Express. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hermann B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheffield City Centre, responded to this review, 14 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to your liking.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.