“Best vintage shopping in Sheffield”

The Nichols Building; Vintage, Retro, Salvage, Art & Antiques
Ranked #49 of 163 things to do in Sheffield
More attraction details
Owner description: A beautiful new Antiques, Art & Craft centre, with a wide range of dealers and artists selling local and handmade items including vintage clothing, retro home accessories, antique furniture, pottery, sculpture, artwork, photography, jewellery, books and much more. We have a beautiful cafe opening in July serving tea, coffee, cupcakes and many other goodies, parking available outside the building, open 6 days a week, closed Mondays.Check us out on Vimeo by Russell Cavanagh: The Nichols Building
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best vintage shopping in Sheffield”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

Amazing vintage, retro and indie shopping all under one roof! Great centre with fantastic events happening all the time. Fabulous little cafe too serving local produce and a cracking cup of tea.

2 Thank lrnsndrsn

Derbyshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great way to spend an afternoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

Visited for the first time on Saturday and loved it! Friendly staff, nicely laid out and lots of bargains to be had. A great mix of new retro style pieces and vintage finds. I'll definitely be back!

1 Thank dennisDerbyshire
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

Upon climbing the numerous stairs we were greeted by an awful smell that was so overpowering we nearly headed back down but we persevered, we walked round for at least half an hour looking at mostly junk with a few odd exceptions that were sadly highly over priced.

I presumed the owners were sisters due to the bickering we could here as we ambled around but was a little put off by the foul language of the younger one.

we didn't end up buying anything but went in the cafe after finding a chair that didn't feel like it was going to collapse, we ordered a sandwich and a coffee each, the sandwich was lovely sadly the coffee was less than mediocre.

My advice go the Birds Yard in Leeds,

3 Thank kris m
lou070879, Owner at The Nichols Building; Vintage, Retro, Salvage, Art & Antiques, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Please do not spread lies on a professional business page.
Sheffield
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An inspiring place to visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

I visited this place for the first time last month and was inspired by all the retro gear and arts and crafts items available. I visited it again a month later June 2012 to find many of the displays changed with new work and crafts which really keeps you interested. The only thing I would say is dont be put off by the exterior of the building , although from the outside it doesnt shout Arts & crafts you will be impressed when you enter the top floor , oh and the cafe is great too!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Doddi D
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Simply irresistible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

I Visit this centre every month (give or take a few weeks) and I always find it to be simply the best place in the vale of Yorkshire for homespun collectables and homely nick nacks - we are always greeted with toothy grins and sweet words from the workers there and that makes me very happy. I always buy and leave yearning for more ! Purchase this month? A candle which I cannot wait to light. Simply magical :)

4 Thank CaptainCucumbers

Travellers who viewed The Nichols Building; Vintage, Retro, Salvage, Art & Antiques also viewed

Sheffield, South Yorkshire

Been to The Nichols Building; Vintage, Retro, Salvage, Art & Antiques? Share your experiences!