“Great Value”

Ranked #24 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
UK
“Great Value”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Stayed here last night and really enjoyed it. An easy walk to the City Centre and Castle Square tram is only 5 minutes away. All the staff looked so smart, very helpful and friendly. Room was spotlessly clean and just loved that bathroom pod, I must get one at home. Excellent value at around £45 midweek including cooked breakfast and will definitely stay again on next visit.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
I'm very grateful that you could take the time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. My team and I appreciate your kind words and we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at Ibis Sheffield City Centre and hope to see you again in the future.
Diane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We booked two rooms for my Hen Party. There is a car park just opposite the hotel but we did not use it on this occasion. The rooms were £52 per night, so it worked out £26 per person. When we arrived we could booked a breakfast for £5 per person, this is cheaper than the rate online. A special mention to those on reception, they were efficent and very friendly.

The hotel is close the the city centre. You can either walk or get a taxi, which was £4 to division street.

The rooms are typical Ibis and you get a twin or double bed in the room, tv, kettle with tea/ coffee etc. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Would I return? Yes it is an ideal base if you are going out with friends in Sheffield.

I cannot comment in the breakfast, as I chose not to have one but two of my friends did and they were more than impressed. They really liked the chocolate muffins!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
I'm delighted that you had an enjoyable time with us at Ibis Sheffield City Centre, my team and I are so grateful for your lovely comments and delighted that your friends liked the muffins!!!
May we wish you a lovely Wedding day and happy future and we hope that we can welcome you back in the future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Staff were lovely, room was clean felt it was good value for money.
The area itself is a bit sketch, but as we were just there for an overnight stay it wasn't an issue.

Did feel the drinks were a bit on the expensive side £15 for 2 glasses of wine and a JD and coke. 3£ more than the same round at a posh bar on Eccleshall rd.

Not in a hurry to visit Sheffield again, but if needs must, I'd be happy staying here.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review. My team and I appreciate all feedback very much and we look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre when you do visit Sheffield in the future.
Almoradi, Spain
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My arrival was later than anticipated owing to flight and train delays, but I received a very warm and friendly welcome from the gentleman on reception. As it was quiet, we engaged in prolonged and interesting conversation about local amenities, hotel facilities and general topics of interest. Also I took up the offer of optional breakfast which provided variety, was delicious and made a good start to the day.
The Ibis Sheffield City is located near to shops, super tram, railway and bus stations. When I booked it was on offer and I felt it represented excellent value. The room was quiet, clean, there was the usual TV, en suite shower, very comfortable bed and the tea making facilities were greatly appreciated.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words and we hope that we can welcome you back to ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future.
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

A very basic hotel... Ok for an overnight stay and simply somewhere to lay your head. Clean rooms and tea and coffee facilities.... Over priced but ok location. Tram link next to hotel and parking over the road... Perfect links to the motorpoint arena.

• Stayed March 2013
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
I'm sorry that you were disappointed by your overall experience at Ibis Sheffield City Centre. I appreciate all feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously.
Diane Brown
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I stayed here for one night. The hotel is very well situated for the stations and tram and is clean and tidy. The staff were extremely helpful and it was a great advantage having a bar and small restaurant in site.

Room Tip: I had a ground floor room which was fine
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Many thanks for your much valued review and your kind comments about our staff. We're delighted that you found our location convenient for the local amenities and transport network and we do hope that we can welcome you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future.
Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

I always stay here when visiting Sheffield. Rooms are always clean, the staff are always helpful. Really great location. Only a few mins walk from train station. I've never tried the breakfast, but it always smells nice in the morning.

• Stayed March 2013
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words and we're grateful that you could take the time to write a review. We're especially delighted that you choose to stay at Ibis Sheffield City Centre on a regular basis and look forward to your future visits.