“Show break”

Ranked #23 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Show break”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Excellent location for the city centre, rooms a bit on the small side, best shower facilities I have ever come across. Very handy and safe car park nearby. Slightly cramped area for buffet breakfast display, but good breakfast none the less.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Brinscombe
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
I'm so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at Ibis Sheffield City Centre my team and I are so grateful for your review and I hope that we can welcome you back in the future.
Diane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Skegness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Me and my friend decided to go on a unexpected holiday for a couple of nights. As we walked in I thought how lovely this hotel seemed. A decent menu selection and a very comfortable social surroundings. The rooms was lovely, I thought it was very clean and comfortable with a great view! And with a very clean bathroom. The breakfast was excellent! And the food was great, The soup was brilliant! The bar was lovely, good price in drinks, I met loads of nice people throughout the stay in this hotel. The lovely gentleman who we talked to who worked there was a great laugh as well. And all came too a great price, without breaking my money. I will be defiantly be coming back in a few weeks time!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Claireeyyyy
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
I'm delighted that you had an enjoyable time with us at Ibis Sheffield City Centre and my team and I really appreciate your " Best stay ever" review. Thank you for staying with us and hope that we can welcome you back when you next visit Sheffield.
Maidenhead
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Very clean and security concious hotel. Friendly staff. Good breakfast. Ten minute walk from Sheffield station, Three minutes to Fitzalan Square tram stop. Hotel on edge of run-down area, felt safe at night. Sometimes traffic noise was a problem. From my room I could see the but not hear the trams. I would use the hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. My team and I appreciate your kind words and glad that you enjoyed your visit. We're pleased that you found our improved security procedeures reassuring and we hope that we can welcome you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future.
Manchester
Reviewed 20 April 2013

This hotel is clean, modern and really well located for the station and the city centre. It is quite basic but good value, especially compared to the neighbouring Travellodge which is now quite grotty.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

We're very grateful that you could take the time and leave us your thoughts and write a review. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that we can welcome you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future.
London
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I had a very pleasant stay at the IBIS Hotel in Sheffield, which is a really nice place to visit all sorts of interesting museums etc. People are exceptionally warm & friendly. All in all a nice little trip.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review. My team and I appreciate your feedback very much and we look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre when you next visit the Steel City.
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 17 April 2013

After a series of terrible hotels throughout England, this was finally one that I dont regret paying for. The room was spacious and very clean. They also had these new beds, very comfortable. I slept like a baby.
I also had an offer, I paid 82 £ for three nights - which is, I would say, a good price for this hotel.
You have to walk up to the hill to go to the city centre, but overall the position is very good and you are basically within the greater city centre.
Only problem I had was with internet. I was using the orange wifi (9.90 £ for 24 hours) and it often went on and off. It was kind of annoying.
Overall, I can only recommend this hotel. I was very satisfied.

Room Tip: I dont remember the numbers exactly, but there are rooms on one side, with a good view, and the room...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Many thanks for posting your positive comments on here, we're pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at Ibis Sheffield City Centre and we're especially delighted that you liked our new beds. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sheffield in the future.
UK
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Stayed here last night and really enjoyed it. An easy walk to the City Centre and Castle Square tram is only 5 minutes away. All the staff looked so smart, very helpful and friendly. Room was spotlessly clean and just loved that bathroom pod, I must get one at home. Excellent value at around £45 midweek including cooked breakfast and will definitely stay again on next visit.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
I'm very grateful that you could take the time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. My team and I appreciate your kind words and we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at Ibis Sheffield City Centre and hope to see you again in the future.