“A wonderful night in sunny Sheffield”

Ibis Sheffield City
Ranked #24 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We arrived at the Ibis for a family party, the welcome and service were excellent. The bed was very comfortable and the shower superb. A very clean and comfortable hotel. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a city centre hotel. Sheffield has lots to offer, the winter gardens and fountains were wonderful to walk through.

Room Tip: We were on the sixth floor, we had the window wide open but even with earplugs I did hear some late...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

We're very grateful that you could take the time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that we can welcome you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

We stayed over in Sheffield for one night to have dinner with friends and decided on the Ibis. Good central location and the staff are very friendly and helpful and I am sure should be better paid. The room (602) had a most unusual view of a brick wall across the carpark, however, this isn't our summer holiday it's just somewhere to sleep. Beds were good, TV was fine although they do try to trick you into renting the movies, TV remote didn't work but they replaced it without a quibble, GREAT shower which we both really enjoyed (Not at the same time). The towel was a bit small I think (take note Ibis hotel group) but apart from that I wouldn't change a thing. Again, the staff were all very nice and helpful. It all feels very safe.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback and note your comments, my team and I hope that we can welcome you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre on your next visit to Sheffield.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

Excellent location for the city centre, rooms a bit on the small side, best shower facilities I have ever come across. Very handy and safe car park nearby. Slightly cramped area for buffet breakfast display, but good breakfast none the less.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Brinscombe
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

I'm so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at Ibis Sheffield City Centre my team and I are so grateful for your review and I hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

Me and my friend decided to go on a unexpected holiday for a couple of nights. As we walked in I thought how lovely this hotel seemed. A decent menu selection and a very comfortable social surroundings. The rooms was lovely, I thought it was very clean and comfortable with a great view! And with a very clean bathroom. The breakfast was excellent! And the food was great, The soup was brilliant! The bar was lovely, good price in drinks, I met loads of nice people throughout the stay in this hotel. The lovely gentleman who we talked to who worked there was a great laugh as well. And all came too a great price, without breaking my money. I will be defiantly be coming back in a few weeks time!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Claireeyyyy
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

I'm delighted that you had an enjoyable time with us at Ibis Sheffield City Centre and my team and I really appreciate your " Best stay ever" review. Thank you for staying with us and hope that we can welcome you back when you next visit Sheffield.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

Very clean and security concious hotel. Friendly staff. Good breakfast. Ten minute walk from Sheffield station, Three minutes to Fitzalan Square tram stop. Hotel on edge of run-down area, felt safe at night. Sometimes traffic noise was a problem. From my room I could see the but not hear the trams. I would use the hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. My team and I appreciate your kind words and glad that you enjoyed your visit. We're pleased that you found our improved security procedeures reassuring and we hope that we can welcome you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

This hotel is clean, modern and really well located for the station and the city centre. It is quite basic but good value, especially compared to the neighbouring Travellodge which is now quite grotty.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

We're very grateful that you could take the time and leave us your thoughts and write a review. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that we can welcome you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

I had a very pleasant stay at the IBIS Hotel in Sheffield, which is a really nice place to visit all sorts of interesting museums etc. People are exceptionally warm & friendly. All in all a nice little trip.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review. My team and I appreciate your feedback very much and we look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre when you next visit the Steel City.