“Needs a spring clean”

Ranked #24 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Needs a spring clean”
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

We visited this hotel and its not bad! Just needs a good freshening up.

Reception staff were really nice, and the breakfast was ok.

Can be spoilt by large groups of lads late on, but nothing that the night porter couldn't sort out.

Ok for a single night stop over.

• Stayed February 2013
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thank you very much for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback and note your comments, my team and I hope that we can welcome you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre on your next visit to Sheffield.
Diane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Somerset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Positive:
*around 10 min. walk from the city centre
*close to super markets, shops and banks
*a short distance walk from the Railway station,
*friendly and helpful staff,
*a clean, quiet place to sleep
*very comfortable beds, self-service tea and coffee beverages in the room, TV with a variety of channels to choose from
*24-hour reception service
*photocopier machine in the reception for £0,5 each sheet

Negatives:
*no soap in the bathroom, bring your own soaps, shampoos, bath foams, etc.
*the phones in the rooms do not accept pre-paid telephone cards in case you want to call home without being charged for the phonecall
*breakfast is not icluded in the bill
*there is internet access in the room, but one has to log in with their name & e-mail every 24 hours in order get connected.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
My team and I very much appreciate your review and we hope that we can welcome you back to ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised by this hotel as I'd paid a cheap advance rate of £38 for the night and didn't have high expectations. It was in an excellent location - short walk from the train station and close to all the shops. The room was a very good size and very clean and comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay there again and would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
We're very grateful that you could take the time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that we can welcome you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future.
Ashton-under-Lyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Well my review of Ibis Hotel In Sheffield City Is that it does need to be updated, Me and my Girlfriend booked our room online and got our room very cheap for 2 nights ( Room 210 ). The Hotel is In a very good location close to bus station, train station, tram stops and shops. We was greeted by a friendly staff member who checked us In at the reception who give us our card key for our room, In which we had to swipe entering the entrance to the lift. We noticed the decor was rather dated In parts and they had only one lift In working order as the other lift was out of order. The corridor to our room was really bland and dated, our room was OK again maybe do with re-styling and our room was a little bit dirty in parts and dusty in parts near the door the floor corners were dirty and very dusty, looks the the cleaners here just give a very quick clean. However majority of the room was clean, the bathroom was actually really well kitted out and really nice and the shower was really powerful too. However sink was abit dirty and needed to be cleaned by myself with anti-bacterial wipes to get hair clumps and dust and dirt from the overflow and sink hole. The towels were fresh and clean, the bed was actually very comfy, clean bedding nicely made bed indeed. No noise, very quiet room and good view from our window of outside. However reading the bar food menu, food here is very expensive and they are actually shooting themselves in the foot by charging rip off prices when they are based in city centre as you can go elsewhere close by and get food cheaper or go to London road where you have a great choice of places to eat for a cheaper price. also make sure you pack hair shampoos, and essentials as the hotel do sell shampoos and items at an expensive price., Also silly charging these dear prices when you can go to the pound shop or wilkinsons around the corner or to the market where you can buy things cheaper, also the bar isn't cheap, There are cheap bars and pubs nearby where you can have a cheap pint or alcohol or soft drinks. So my advice is don't buy any extras or use the bar or order any food or you may pay out alot of money! Me and my Girlfriend eaten at J D Wetherspoons had a lovely cheap meal and drinks under a £10!!! However if you want a cheap room to stay for 1 or 2 nights, I would stay here, basic but great location for everything.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Many thanks for your review. We're delighted that you found our location to be convenient for your visit to Ponds Forge and Sheffield in general. We hope that we can welcome you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future.
St Austell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Have just stayed at the Ibis for 6 nights whilst at the National swimming Champs at Ponds Forge. I, like a previous reviewer, was a bit concerned about some of the reviews - but I need not have worried. Everything in the hotel was absolutely fine. We were on the fourth floor - and although there was some noise outside (especially from the bridge repairs being done nearby) it was nothing more than you would expect from a city. I heard no noise at all from inside the hotel (despite being directly beside the door to the lift). The room was perfectly clean and plenty big enough - as was the bathroom. I noted there had been concerns raised re the plastic en suite pods - I have no idea why. Clean, everything you need and my husband says its the best shower he's had in a hotel! Plenty large enough! There is climate control in the room which worked very well, especially as we were there on the hottest August day for many years! We didnt eat there at all so cant comment on the food, and we didnt have much contact with the staff - but what we had was fine. All in all - very good. Nothing to complain about. So convenient for Ponds Forge and the centre of the city. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Brigid B
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
I'm so glad that we met all your requirements for your recent visit to Ponds Forge. My team and I are so grateful for your review and we hope that we can welcome you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre when you attend future Championships.
Fayetteville, AR
Reviewed 3 August 2013

The hotel was older and needed updates in the rooms. Also, it was noisy in the room. However, the staff made up for all of this. They went above and beyond to help us get laundry done, figure out travel arrangements from Sheffield, etc. We had a good experience thanks to lovely staff.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
I'm delighted that you chose to stay with us at Ibis Sheffield City Centre, my team and I really appreciate the kind words in your review. I hope that we can welcome you back when you next visit Sheffield.
Leeds
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Looks a bit shabby, location is ok. The decor needs updating but biggest gripe was the noise. Zero sound insulation meant no chance of a night's sleep.

Staff were alright, efficient if not particularly friendly. I'd probably spend a little bit more and try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
I'm sorry that you were disappointed by your overall experience at Ibis Sheffield City Centre. I appreciate all feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously.