“More B&B than hotel”

Ibis Sheffield City
Ranked #24 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Asked for a twin room. Beds still pushed together. No new loo roll in the room on arrival. Staff had no personality on check in, complete opposite of welcoming. Awful TV reception. Curiously outside looks like a new build, inside it looks like something from the 60s. More B&B than hotel to be honest.

• Stayed: October 2013
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

I'm sorry that you were disappointed by your experience at Ibis Sheffield City Centre. I appreciate all feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Good central location, excellent value for money, all staff very helpful and friendly, close to train and bus station,food a bit expensive and no HD tv in room though,plenty of pubs and other places to eat near by

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

I'm delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us at Ibis Sheffield City Centre, my team and I really appreciate your review. Thank you for staying with us and hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Reception was so rude we cancelled the booking and advised we would never come back, for this late rooms charge us £33, Disgusting. Instead stayed at Garrison hotel nearby, much nicer - would recommend.

Room Tip: Try Garrison Hotel, similar price but much nicer.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jluker4470

I am really sorry to see that we did not meet your expectations at Ibis Sheffield City Centre. I treat all comments with utmost seriousness. Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback as this will enable me to continuously improve on the customer care service we provide.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I paid a budget price for this hotel after booking a long way in advance. Definitely got my money's worth and then some. It was in walking distance from the station, the universities, and the city centre. Friendly, helpful staff, comfy bed and lots of hot water.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I'm delighted that you found our facilities and location ideal for your visit. My team and I really appreciate your review. Thank you for staying with us and hope that we can welcome you back when you next visit Sheffield.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Even the sign of the hotel is not much well obeserved but the overall of services are very good. The reception staff is very helpful and kindness. Morning breakfast is simply basic you need for starting your day. If I return to Sheffield again, I recommend this Ibis branch for your over night just a two minutes walk behind the Fitzaland square and Pond Forge tram station.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

I'm delighted that you and your friends had an enjoyable time with us at Ibis Sheffield City Centre and found our location ideal for your visit. My team and I really appreciate your review and hope that we can welcome you back when you next visit Sheffield.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Stayed here on business in 2012 having obtained a friend's booking through circumstance. I was really impressed with the Ibis, particularly given the low price. Great transport links into town and out to the station. I would definitely stay here again if I needed to be in Sheffield!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Many thanks for posting your positive comments on here, we're pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at Ibis Sheffield City Centre. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sheffield in the future.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Fast and courteous service at the reception. Clean room. Mild sewer smell in the bathroom, but airing the room well helped.

(I find it stupid that TripAdvisor requires 200 characters minimum. How man characters do I have now? There is no counter to tell me. Let's see if it gets accepted now.)

Room Tip: Only a few minutes walk to the city centre or a very short tram ride.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

My team and I very much appreciate your kind review and we hope that we can welcome you back to ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future.