“Very Good”

Ranked #24 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Croydon, United Kingdom
“Very Good”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My room was extremely comfortable and warm - big walk-in shower and comfortable bed with cosy duvet. Also everywhere was very clean.
The staff were very helpful and friendly.
There was a good choice of food and a wide range of times for eating.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
We're very grateful that you could take the time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that we can welcome you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future.
Diane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Hornsea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2014

If what you need is a warm comfy bed for the night you'd be hard pressed to beat this hotel. I got a deal on a room . En suite is basic but very clean with a great power shower. Good central location ,it is bit noisy traffic wise so take ear plugs if you are a light sleeper. Overall my experience was a good one and I would stay there again. :-D

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Many thanks for your review, we really do appreciate your positive comments, my team and I are delighted that you found our location ideal for your stay and we hope that we can welcome you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I have stayed two ibis hotel in the UK.
Ibis in Nottingham was really nice so I expected that this hotel is also good.

but Ibis in Sheffield city was not like I expected.
My room was like very very cheap hotel.
I had to stay in a twin room. The bed was very small.

I will not stay here again...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
I'm sorry that you were disappointed by your stay at Ibis Sheffield City Centre. We do appreciate all feedback.
Braintree, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The Ibis was in a great location for both the train station and the city centre, and the check-in process was quick and easy. However, the room itself left a lot to be desired. The size of the room wasn't a problem (perfectly adequate for a budget hotel), but the temperature of the room was unbearably hot with no way to counter this. It led to an extremely bad night's sleep, and left me feeling a little ill by the next morning. The bathroom was, again, a reasonable size, but had a smell that you might more commonly associate with a portaloo - quite off-putting. I was staying in Sheffield overnight to attend a job interview the next morning, and unfortunately my sleep was very disturbed by some very noisy guests running up and down the corridor in the middle of the night, which I did not appreciate.

Breakfast was absolutely fine - a good selection of hot and cold food items for the price paid.

Unfortunately, the smell and the heat of my room would deter me from choosing to stay at an Ibis again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Many thanks for your feedback and i'm sorry that you were disappointed with your experience of Ibis Sheffield City Centre. My team is available 24 hours to address any concerns that you may have during your stay.
Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a Saturday night and could not fault the hotel at all!

Location is great right in the city centre, rooms nice and clean, staff very friendly.

secure parking 30 seconds away which is £14 for 24 hours but the hotel will give you a dicount ticked which took ours down to £7.20 Brillant!

Without a doubt we will stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
I'm delighted that you had an enjoyable time with us at Ibis Sheffield City Centre and found our location ideal for your visit. My team and I really appreciate your review. Thank you for staying with us and hope that we can welcome you back on a future next visit Sheffield.