“Great stay at a great price”

Ibis Sheffield City
Ranked #23 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Almoradi, Spain
“Great stay at a great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

The Ibis Sheffield City is quietly located near Park Square and close to city centre shops and within a 5 minute walk from the bus interchange and about 8/9 minutes from the train station.
As usual, I was on a fairly tight budget, but was pleasantly surprised by the affordable rate shown for this hotel.
The check-in was friendly and efficient and I requested the optional good value English buffet breakfast offer as I knew from previous visits that this would sustain me for the rest of the following day.
Rooms at the hotel are en suit, quite spacious, clean, quiet and have nice comfortable beds that guarantee a good night's sleep. There is also multi-channel TV, tea/coffee making facilities and Wi-Fi available, although I did not use the latter.
There are bars and restaurants fairly close to the hotel, but you can also get snacks, meals and drinks in the hotel until quite late.
Both breakfast and check-out staff were friendly and helpful and so I would have no hesitation in recommending the Ibis Sheffield City to others as it offered very good value, comfort and friendly helpful staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again and for another very generous review, my team and I really do appreciate your kind comments and looking forward to welcoming you again to ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future.
Diane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Berkshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

As a regular at Ibis hotels I knew that the check in would be fast and efficient plus we were allocated a room suitable for disabilities at my request. The room was clean & spacious but here is the big warning :- the floor of the shower when wet is lethal and I did a full dive onto the floor and bruised a very delicate part of the sitting down equipment. There is a very small notice in the shower that bathmats are available but I would suggest these should be mandatory in the disabled rooms. Hotel good but showers deadly !!.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. My team and I appreciate your review and I take your comments in respect of the shower very seriously. We do hope that we can welcome you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future.
Sheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I really wish more hotels were like this! It was afordable, in the middle of the city centre yet hidden away from all the noise and lights. The check in was easy, the room was big and spacious, the shower was perfect, the bed was comfy! I guess the only thing I'd ask for would be more tv channels. I had to leave early so I didn't get the chance to try the full English/buffet breakfast but I know I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

We're really grateful for your "Perfect Stay" review and also note your comments, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future.
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

We stayed at the Ibis hotel in Sheffield city centre for one night as we were going to the Drake concert at Motorpoint Arena.This was a great budget hotel in a fantastic city centre location. We were only 10 mins walk from the train station and the shops, bars and restaurants were all nearby. It was a little difficult finding the hotel so better directions are needed.The staff were all very polite and helpful. We were particularly impressed with the price of our twin room for the night. Our room had most amenities however we would have liked a bin in our room not just in the bathroom. The check out time of 12pm was great and there was a place where we could leave our luggage, however we had to pay £2 for this whereas at other hotels it has been free. We didn't realise that we could order food late at night as well and there was a midnight snack menu which we missed so maybe this could be more well advertised in the hotel as we would definitely have used it.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high floor and at the back of the hotel so you aren't disturbed by any outsid...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Many thanks for posting your review, we appreciate all of your comments, we're pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at Ibis Sheffield City Centre and look forward to welcoming you back to Sheffield in the future.
Crewe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

hotel was very clean. the staff were very helpful a good king size bed .it was very nicely decorated. it was a liittle way out of the city but well served with bus stop and tram connections good value for the money

Room Tip: higher room better views
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
I'm delighted that you chose to stay with us at Ibis Sheffield City Centre, my team and I really appreciate your "friendly" review. I hope that we can welcome you back when you next visit Sheffield.