“Bad Customer Service but nice hotel”

Ibis Sheffield City
Ranked #23 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Bad Customer Service but nice hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

This stay was spoilt by a rude receptionist who demanded I swipe my debit card despite booking on line. This was because of THEIR fraud problems. She could not explain this properly and was impolite .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
I'm sorry that you were disappointed by your experience at Ibis Sheffield City Centre, I appreciate all feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously, however with all pre paid rates, it is stated in the terms & conditions that the card used for payment needs to be produced for verification. We do hope that we can welcome you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future
Diane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Hotel very close to city centre and train station. Very close to the hotel there is a bicycle path running along a small river. Nice route for jogging. There is also free wifi. I have not had breakfast because it seemed expensive.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
We're very grateful that you could take the time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I'm so pleased that you found our location was ideal for you visit and I hope that we can welcome you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future and to try our buffet breakfast.
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night while visiting sheffield for a concert. The staff were friendly, room was clean although the carpets have had their day. Good value for money so can't fault it. Wouldn't stay here for a long break away though!!

• Stayed May 2014
My team and I really appreciate your review and comments about your short stay. We have an ongoing refurbishment program which includes replacing carpets in all of the rooms, some of which were completed very recently. We do hope that we can welcome you back to ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

This hotel needs a refurb but it is priced to reflect its current condition, so it is good value. In the summer, the absence of working air conditioners/air coolers is a real problem if your room overlooks the tramway and ring-road and you can''t sleep through traffic noise with your window open. I've stayed in 5 rooms here and have yet to find an air cooler that works. The TV offer is out-of-date but the internet is free which might make up for this issue. The breakfast is standard Ibis, which I actually quite like - reasonable choice for a fair price. 5 minutes walk to the City Centre.

Room Tip: Room at the back have no view but you can sleep with the window open in the heat of the Summer.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Many thanks for posting your review, we appreciate all of your comments, In respect of the air recirculation system our staff are available 24 hours to assist in any query that you may have during your stay. We are delighted to advise that Ibis Sheffield City Centre is included in the upgrading of its television system which is in the process of being implemented throughout the Group.We hope that this and our continuing refurbishment program allows you to chose to stay with us once again on your visit to Sheffield.
Los Alcazares, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I booked originally on the location to Sheffield and the transport system, for it´s price and the free wifi.

None of the above let me down. I stayed for 8 days and after checking out breakfast at a couple of other places before friends arrived at the weekend I realised value for money we were better off staying in the hotel. I had breakfast there for the rest of my stay.
The rooms were spacious and clean. The beds so very comfortable I often felt like staying in there and I couldn´t fault the speed or connection of the wifi.

Best of all were the staff. All of them were friendly and very helpful,nothing too much trouble it felt like leaving friends behind on departure. They were good enough to make sure the group of us were all on the same floor. As a solo traveler I felt very comfortable just chilling downstairs with coffee and kindle
I know if we have another meet next year then all of us will vote to return to the same hotel.
Well done to the staff of Ibis Sheffield you were diamonds.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
I'm delighted that you and your collegues had an enjoyable time with us at Ibis Sheffield City Centre. My team and I really appreciate your "diamond" review and hope that you do vote to return next year.
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Booked this hotel for an over night stay, on a freinds recommemdation, a group of 7 of us stayed, some for longer than other, but what a fantastic stay, staff where so friendly and helpful, service was fantastic, price was resonable and breakfast was delicious.

Would defo reccomend, to friends and stay again when we visit sheffield,

Altho they said I couldnt dine for breakfast In my pj, lol, luckily I was only joking, truelly wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: If a group of you book they allow you to request all the same floor,
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
I'm delighted that you chose to stay with us at Ibis Sheffield City Centre, my team and I really appreciate your review. We look forward to welcoming yourself and your friends back on your next weekend visit to Sheffield.