“Amazing food but long wait for a large group”
Review of Arusuvai

Arusuvai
Ranked #166 of 1,500 Restaurants in Sheffield
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to one of the finest South Indian and Sri Lankan restaurants in Sheffield. Its been established originally under the name of Dhanistha's in 2010. Now its been taken over by new management and changed the name to Arusuvai (Taste Buds). We would like to continue giving authentic and original home cooking dishes from South India and Sri Lanka. Our food do not contain any artificially added colours or preservatives. All our ingredients are carefully selected by our experienced chefs from South India. All our dishes are cooked from scratch for order. So please be patient while we producing your dishes
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The food was brilliant - really fresh, authentic and unusual - and the staff were very, very nice. However, we arrived at 8.30 and didn't get our food till after 10. We were a big group so it is tricky for a place like this that cooks from fresh I suppose and they did provide free poppadoms! I'd recommend to prawn mango curry and the crab looked fab too.

1  Thank Cassie K
Arusuvai, Manager at Arusuvai, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2014

We apologize for the delay. Since it was a big group of people, it would have taken a little longer than usual for all the food to arrive at the same time as each dish is made to order right from the core ingredient. However, with time, the service is faster with the same amount of love and freshness in each dish.

We hope you visit again to try a few more dishes from Arusuvai. Cheers!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

All the good reviews are true and the people who are bothered about decor foolish. The staff went to trouble to help us pick the right food and even made something special for my boyfriend who can't eat onions and garlic. True they don't do silver service, or make sure you have your drinks before we chose the food but we were late in arriving, the last customers of the night and we came for the food not those things. We were surprised they even sold alcohol so that was a bonus. The tinsel table dressing was a quirky amusement!
Would definitely go back!

1  Thank VBAvon
Arusuvai, Manager at Arusuvai, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2014

Dear Vicky,

Thank you for liking our food. Our chef does bend rules at times specially for our customers. Your satisfaction is our desire. We hope to see you again. Cheers! :)

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We visited this restaurant for the first time . Our first impression was fantastic on the basis of the ambience. The staff was welcoming, friendly and very polite. We had to book in advance as it was a weekend, they were extremely busy, which said a lot regarding their food.
We ordered South indian starters and main course. The quality of food was excellent, authentic , fresh and perfect for our taste.
We have had Indian food in Sheffield before but , Arusuvai is the best in Sheffield , located on famous London Road and it has parking facilities too.
Overall, we had a fabulous experience and we will definitely visit again to get best quality for good value.
Thank you.

1  Thank Sam P

Dear Sam,

We are glad you liked our food. Please be back again. We shall serve you the best food all over again. Cheers!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Went Sat nite 22 Feb, booked table for 4 at 8.30 gud job we booked as they were full.
My partner has been wanting to come ere for years and we finally made it and glad we did.
I am veggie so it is refreshing to see plenty of choice here.
Unfortunately my choices were not really to my taste as the biryani had no sauce with it (I just presumed it would as every other indian normally serves it like this)however the veg rice was extremely tasty and packed full of varied veg and I nicked other sauces which were all v v nice. I didnt really like my starter so why did I give it 5 star because everyone elses meals were really good and i think i just picked stuff that werent my taste. One starter was amazing v v large triangular (as it had been folded over) pancake type thin bread stuffed, came with 2 dips and a bowl of scrum veg soup ... I want that next time. The staff especially man who served us was v polite and more than happy to answer our questions. One note of warning every thing is served fresh and very individual so not all served at same time .. but .. worth the wait and it is only a few minutes wait. Will go back ....

1  Thank TinaFlintham

We are glad you like our food. The dish you are referring to is called a Dosa. We serve about ten varieties of Dosas in Arusuvai, served hot and crispy and thin crusted. We hope to see you again so that we can serve you one of our best Dosas yet again.Cheers!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Arusuvai is one of Sheffield's hidden gems. Just past London Road, Arusuvai is the perfect place to eat. An understated homely feel, the always friendly and welcoming staff ensure that you feel relaxed and your every need is catered for.

While the five star hospitality goes a long way to ensuring a wonderful dining experience, it is the truly tasty treats they serve that gives Arusuvai the five star rating overall - for what is a dining experience without sensational taste bud teasing delights.

From the always tempting dosas, through to the array of authentic curries on offer - it is always a big decision what to opt for. While personal favourites include the idly, spinach and paneer, tadkha dahl and massala dosa - I can guarantee that Arusuvai offer something for everyone.

I would sincerely suggest that you try Arusuvai - having been many times, I have never once been disappointed.

1  Thank JDWilliams82

We consider it as our pleasure to please your taste buds each time you eat in Arusuvai. We look forward to serve you again. Cheers!