“Lovely food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Went on a Wednesday night it was 241 and you could take your own wine the service was very good plenty of choice and the food all freshly cooked great value for money and a midweek treat

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Having eaten here a few times, mainly because it's walking distance from home and food is decent value for money on 2 for 1 nights, my hubby booked a table for my birthday as we wanted to stay local having had a baby recently and it being our first meal out without her. He later told me he'd asked if they did anything for birthdays, like could he drop in a cake or order one or they bring me a dessert with a candle and was simply told 'no'.

Now the first thing: booking a table. You phone to book and they make you feel like you're inconveniencing them for requesting it. It's always like they are doing you a favour. I've tolerated this in the past for the reasons described above but it's always bugged me. The service itself is hit and miss... If there's a favoured customer in they tend to stand and chat to them and you struggle to get the attention when you want something, despite the venue being very small and fairly cramped when it's full. The staff (mainly young girls) are pleasant but I wouldn't say particularly friendly or experienced and the chef who I assume is the boss is downright miserable. There's been a different chef on one occasion who is more pleasant.

So we arrived on time for my birthday meal at 7pm on a weekday night and it became apparent that the waitress had accidently given away our table to a walk-in. She went to consult the chef/boss who grumbled and muttered and left us standing there in the middle of the restaurant "trying to fit us in". We were told we could sit down but we'd have to "be out by 7.45pm". We appreciate mistakes happen but we didn't understand why the booking after us were more important or why we were treated like an inconvenience rather than a valued customer. There was no apology, we were obviously just a problem he wanted to go away. So we did. And we won't be going back.

In summary, food is pretty good but nothing spectacular and it's not good enough be a destination if you're not local. If you do go, don't pay full price, it's not worth more than the two for one price they charge midweek. Service is average on a good day and poor if one of their mates is in. Don't expect to feel like a valued customer unless you already are one. Don't bother booking for a special occasion!!

6  Thank SuzyLizzy
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We had not booked, and arrived on a Friday evening like drowned rats having run from the car in a downpour! They had a 21st party in and were expecting a second group, but we were welcomed in and given the one remaining table for two.

The starters were huge (the garlic mushrooms too much for me - rather than stimulating my appetite they would have satiated it if I'd tried to finish!). We had a main course of baked pasta and it was really delicious.

Very nice, a good choice of menu, and pleasant service.

Definitely worth a visit if you are in the area!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

The restaurant is small with only 40 covers but it is well set out. The service was brilliant and the food equal to it. We were a large party and have our order in advance by e mail which they appreciated . It was my first visit but it won't be my last .

1  Thank 25Steve
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I can not fault this restaurant, the food was lovely we all had fillet steak and it was cooked to perfection the veg was lovely and fresh and the service was fantastic, will definitely be booking to eat here again