“Unreal- I wish this place had been my local when I lived in Japan!”
Review of Edo Sushi

Edo Sushi
Ranked #5 of 1,710 Restaurants in Sheffield
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Description: An exclusive sushi counter offering the best quality and variety of fish available combined with hot tapas & Japanese beverages. We are located in Kelham Island, inside a fully restored Cutlery manufacturing building which once used Sheffield steel to produce products worldwide. We are now part of the first food court in Sheffield housing independent restaurants & street food vendors.
Reviewed 4 October 2018

I was lucky enough to live in Japan for 2 years, so my expectations are pretty high when it comes to Japanese food. Because of that, I've only been to Japanese places a handful of times in years, even though I really miss the cuisine.

I had never been past this place as, although central, it is tucked away on a bit of a side street. I was really looking forward to my visit because of the good reviews on here but nothing prepared me for just how good- or authentic- it was.

First, the feel of the place instantly transported me back to Japan. I ordered some sushi and then had a great chat with Ken as he prepared the food. It was such a treat to be able to talk about Japan and I was so impressed by the full menu. For example, I randomly wondered if they would have a particular Japanese dish that I used to have for lunch at work. I have never seen it in the UK so I didn't really think they would. I soon found it on the menu!

They deliver so worth looking into that as an option. As it was (it was a rainy evening and I had nowhere local to sit down) I actually ate my food standing up in a nearby shopping street! The fact that it was still a gastronomic experience should give you some indication of how good it was. It was the little details that stood out for me. For example, the wasabi tasted homemade (I can't vouch it is, but if it isn't it is really high quality) and the ginger used as a palate cleanser was perfect too. The sushi was excellent- indulgent and healthy at the same time.

Sounds like they will have a sit-down place opening soon (different site)- so exciting!

Congratulations to everyone involved with this place. You are doing an amazing job and we in Sheffield are lucky you are here.

Date of visit: October 2018
4  Thank AlexSwallow

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

We found this little gem-of-a takeaway whilst searching for places to eat in Sheffield!
Amazing melt in the mouth fresh sashimi,delicious nigiri and sushi rolls. Generous portions and super fresh!
The shop itself is off the beaten track, hidden away just off the high street but is the most mouth watering geniune sushi I've had in a while! would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for Sushi!!

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Found this place the first evening of a business trip, was so good I had it the following night and the night after. Having dinner three times in a row at the same place isn’t normally my thing but the sushi here was so good I had to try more of the menu. Every dish I tried (nearly the whole menu) was prepared/cooked perfectly!! Cannot reccomend this place enough! The guys were super friendly and welcoming each night I came to pick up my food. Will look forward to my next trip to Sheffield so I can enjoy some more!

1  Thank LiamC1633
Reviewed 5 September 2018

After deciding on a spontaneous day out to Sheffield & Meadowhall, myself and a friend thought we'd finish the day by grabbing some food from Edo Sushi, for the journey back home.

After finding the nicely-tucked-away yet central takeaway, we checked out the menu outside. Unfortunately, this took a fair amount of time, due to the extensive yet varied options available to us! Unable to decide whether to choose sushi or hot food, we ultimately decided upon getting both, due to the extremely pocket-friendly pricing.

Upon entering, we were greeted by friendly and helpful staff, that not only took our order with a smile, but made us feel extremely welcome, continuing to chat with us while we waited for our order.

After a minuscule waiting time, our food was ready for us to take away, and we head to board our train, barely resisting to start eating on the way due to the aroma of the gyoza curry gracing our noses. After finally indulging in our takeaway, we were blown away. Both our curry and selections of sushi were absolutely sublime, both in taste and presentation, and although being completely full and aware we couldn't possibly manage to eat anything else, we were still full of regret that we didn't order far more.

An absolute must to visit if anywhere even close to Sheffield, shall definitely be returning!

2  Thank Bwain96
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Best fresh Sushi Take out in Sheffield IMO. With a very good menu, haven’t tried the delivery yet but am told by friends that it’s good and trouble free

Date of visit: July 2018