“Nice place to eat”

Ranked #670 of 1,540 Restaurants in Sheffield
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

Lots to see here on display especially the Sheffield cutlery as well as paintings crafts and photographs
The cafe good with a varied menu and the food was good but service was poor had to wait to get served
The tables and chairs need changing chairs uncomfortable and tables are uneven
Surroundings a bit bare though spacious and light

Reviewed 24 May 2013

OK food: soup and cheese on toast are hardly difficult to make but took over half an hour. Pricey too. Clean toilets and good location so not bad, but wouldn't go again.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Food good but a little pricey, Staff friendly. We had tea and cake which were enjoyed. Tables a little close together. Good venue in the middle of town and ideal for visiting the galleries as we did.

1  Thank jennyrr
Reviewed 2 April 2013

...and I have eaten a few....
I had been here a few times and the food and service were ok! so thought I was in safe hands.
I was visiting Sheffield with my daughter and being Good Friday went for the fish and chips
The batter was soggy and the fish was unpalatable
My daughter never got passed the second bite
The butter was hard and unspreadable
The service started well but after receiving the food no one.....
The girl at the counter never asked if we had enjoyed the meal .....if we hadn't got an appointment to go to then I would have taken this further
But instead you have to put up with this poor review
Very poor and very disappointing
A real let down to a great day

2  Thank JCLincs
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I've been to Millennium Gallery's cafe a couple of times now, and I regret not going sooner. Their coffee is great and their mochas and hot chocolates are something special. They're made with real melted chocolate, with a separate jug of milk so you can choose how strong you want them. When my friends and I went for afternoon tea, only about an hour or so before they closed, they regretfully informed us that they had run out of scones, but we could choose a suitable alternative from their menu. We jokingly made a bit of a fuss about it, because my friend's addiction to scones and cream was why we had decided to go for afternoon tea in the first place. We didn't mean it seriously at all, but they offered to bake us a fresh batch, as long as we were willing to wait. We took advantage of this exceptional service, and it ended up perfectly timed; just as we had finished the rest of our gorgeous tea our lovely, warm scones arrived. The drinks, food and service are all brilliant there, and the huge windows make for a lovely, bright and airy atmosphere. It's good value for such quality products, and in a great, central location for a quick coffee or a more relaxed treat. The only thing that could improve it would be some comfy chairs for our weary bums after a tough walk round the exhibitions!

1  Thank myearsarealight