“Reasonable view but uncomfortable seating”
Review of Lyceum Theatre

Lyceum Theatre
Ranked #4 of 171 things to do in Sheffield
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Good central location near train and bus station
View from circle was good but seats too close together which made sitting through a three hour show uncomfortable
Drinks expensive but plenty of bars to chose from
Orders can be paced for interval drinks
Very little seating in the bars

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Watched dirty dancing here and it was fantastic nice theatre couldn't fault it very easy to get too.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

This theatre used to be a favourite of ours (my wife and I), but we now prefer the one in Leeds. However, when we went to see West Side Story, we were not disappointed and will go again. The production was a high standard one and thoroughly engrossing. The stage was well used and props and lighting were not overdone, in tune with the subtlety of the musical play.

Refreshment arrangements are excellent and the staff are cheerful, friendly and helpful. The only drawback was the original seats I booked. I was warned they might be cramped - and they were. So be careful booking! However we were allowed to change after the interval.

I hope to visit again when I go to the UK, as I like this theatre and thoroughly support the refurbishment.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

A beautiful traditional theatre for experiencing live shows.Currently having a refurb -adding more ladies toilets which was essential & improving the air-con.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

As we live locally the Lyceum is one of our favourite places. It is an excellent theatre which is well maintained inside and out and the interior is superb. We have seen many a good show at The Lyceum and shall see many more!