“Disappointing”

Dining options: Breakfast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Looks very impressive when you look in at the beautiful cakes on offer, however the interior has become grubby since first opening; the menus are worn and very tired and look bad on the tables. Service was slow to come and abrupt when delivered. It is not a relaxing, chilled atmosphere as one might expect (especially at those prices) and the overwhelming feeling is one of 'get them in, get them out'. Of the two toilets, only one had soap available to wash your hands!
The fruit scone served was small and pretty tasteless, and seemed like a supermarket basic. I'll not be back, especially when there are much better places nearby, offering a better atmosphere and product

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“What happened? It became a franchise.”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I spent many years going to Valerie in Soho, she will be turning in her grave. Industrial baking on a huge scale, and believe me it really shows. Average coffee and a bill at the end that will make your eyes water.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank hummiers
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Could do better!!”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Took my two children there today as a birthday treat, were squeezed onto a tiny table by the toilets. I ordered hot apple tart and cream, I especially asked for cream, looked nice when it arrived, I poured the cream to discover it was infact custard, I HATE custard, I'd just ruined my £4.45 small apple tart, I explained to the waitress who went and got me a jug of cream which she placed on my saucer whilst my teacup was in my hand on a very cramped table, which left me nowhere for the teacup?
I then had to scrape the yukky custard off my apple tart....well the service could have been SO much better.
The toilets were dirty, there was a smell of drains permeating through the place.
Very expensive for what you actually got. (3 drinks and 3 cakes = £21.60) Won't be going back!!

• Visited February 2014
United Kingdom
“Awful awful”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Really slow service. You have to sit and wait for a waiter even if you only want a coffee. We waited 10 minutes for a waiter and another 15 for the coffee to arrive. Overpriced and terrible coffee.
Won't be going again.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank JMR243
“Let down”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

My daughter and I had been promising ourselves a trip to this patisserie for a while, on the day we went in we ordered coffee/tea, a sandwich and croissant both of which should have been served hot. When the food arrived it was cold and stale and for some inexplicable reason both savouries were sat in a plate of rancid dressing which itself was not fresh. The staff were completely vacant and engrossed in their own conversation, we emailed the head office and received no response whatsoever. I would have thought there was health and hygiene issues with the food.
Will definitely never go here again.

• Visited November 2013