“Fabulous food and service”
Review of Spoon

Spoon
Ranked #64 of 1,500 Restaurants in Sheffield
Price range: US$4 - US$27
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 2012 Eat Sheffield Winner and 2013 & 2014 Finalist. Licensed family cafe bistro serving breakfast, lunch, tea/coffee, homemade cakes and evening meals. Everything homemade on the premises, down to the ketchup, marmalade and dressings, so can be adapted to suit most dietary requirements or individual tastes. Gluten free bread and cakes available daily, with the majority of the breakfast, lunch and evening menus adaptable to gluten free options.
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We’ve been to Spoon on a number of occasions and each and every time it has been superb. We just love this place if it’s for breakfast, lunch with a twist, or a friendly and creative meal on the bistro night.

Even when we have turned up en mass as a family of 10 we have been looked after royally. The breakfasts in particular are fantastic, closely followed by the pulled pork sandwich, which is the best I’ve had anywhere!

Spoon is one of those places where you can't go wrong. Great food. Great service. Brilliant.

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Good breakfast , could be great if some basics got sorted , ie asking if butter is required on sandwiches rather than serving plain and also the tea / cups ( unsure as to which ) tasted rather soapy...premium prices requires such fine tuning hence the 4 not 5 rating....

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I've been here a few times now. This time the breakfast was less spicy so improved. However I ordered a big breakfast but only got a normal. On paying I believe I was short changed by a £1, but they'd already put the money I gave them in the till before giving me my change so neither side could verify. I hope they give it to charity. No tip left.

Personal taste I know but I don't like their ketchup.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Just popped in while passing for lunch. I went for the veggie breakfast even though I eat meat as it looked good. Mum had the fish finger sandwhich. We couldnt believe the size of the meals. Just huge!!! Then came homemade tomato and brown sauce. Wow wow that made it for me. It was gorgeous and very reasonable. We will be going back soon as loved it. Service great too.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Went for lunch with my mum, we ordered 2 ham wraps and 2 drinks. The wraps came and were dry (almost stale) and contained only pieces of ham, no salad or sauce just a dry wrap with a small amount of ham in it. This is despite asking if the wrap had salad on it before ordering and being told it did (obviously not!) This was bad enough and then the bill came and it was over £12!! what a waste of money, and the service was slow! This is an over priced cafe with the owner thinking it's something more, I advise you to avoid it