“Turn on the lights Please!!!!”
Review of Cutlers Spice

Cutlers Spice
Ranked #13 of 1,454 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Turn on the lights Please!!!!”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We went to Cutler Spice for a family celebration there was 20 of us, staff were lovely and menu was excellent,surroundings was clean and trendy, the only annoying thing was the lighting it was so dark we had to read the menu with the lights on our phones!!! we did ask them to turn them up, but they gave us a cock and bull story about since valentines day customers prefer it! nah we spent over £300 and now we have allgot to visit Specsavers with bad eyes!

• Visited February 2014

“Valentine night”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Went for valentines night food was superb and lovely staff aswell will be a regular thats for sure one of the best indian restaurant I have been to and been 2 a lot

“One Of The Best!”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

First time here Sunday 9th Feb. Restaurant is stylish and impressive. Staff were friendly and efficient. The food was excellent, both for quality and taste - different, distinctive flavours from many of the other restaurants in the area. Value for money - excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant, and we will be dining there regularly in the future.

• Visited February 2014
sheffield, England
“friends get together”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We have used this restaurant quite a few times and had perfect food & service , but on this occasion the food was no where near up to scratch, my friend and I shared a meal , the 2 starters were tasteless and very disappointing , the main meal had the same sauce as the starter when we complained about this they were surly but agreed to refund the price of the main curry ,we realized they were very busy but they seem to have one pot of curry they were slightly adapting for every order , thankfully all our friends had sizzling tandoori or tikka meals ! Thank goodness which they all enjoyed ! As for my friend & I we won't be rushing back ! I've eaten Indian food all over Sheffield for 35yrs and this was very disappointing .

• Visited December 2013
cutlersspice, Manager at Cutlers Spice, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Imp very disappointed to here that your last experience wasn’t as good and first of all like to apologies for it.
However you say all your previous experience at our venue was good so you know our standards are high. And as an experienced curry dinner you know that every establishment serves mint sauce with their starters and if you order any dishes form the tandoori specialty’s e.g. tandoori chicken tikka as a main course it is also served with mint sauce Hench the same sauce.
Mint sauce is not used in any curry and curry sauce is not used for any starters. Not in any restaurant and defiantly not in ours. we have 8 different mother sauces and over 40 other individual sauces for our curry’s but as you had all tandoori specialty’s none of them apply to the dishes you had however if you wanted to order extra curry sauce or bhuna sauce im sure a member of staff would have been happy to bring it to your table.
I’m also disappointed to see that you didn’t leave us a good review when you had a good experience at our venue and based your judgment on that one bad experience also you said it was the starters that was disappointing not the mains even tho you wasn’t charged for them still decided to leave us a poor review I do find this disappointing I hope you do come back and give us a try on a week day also please ask a member of staff if you’re unsure about any dishes we will gladly explain.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Milk bottle foil in naan bread! Terrible service. Wont go again!”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Wedding Anniversary meal. Rare night out. Although my husband had heard a poor review prior to going, we decided we would check it our for ourselves.
On arrival, the welcome wasn't particularly warm. The staff were not very smiley, or attentive, just mechanical.
Food was just ok. My husband enjoyed his, but I thought that there was a blanket flavour to all of the food. However, the worst was to come when a milk carton foil top was found in our naan bread. Told the waiter who didn't seem to know what to do with it. He took the naan away. returned to ask if we wanted another. No real apology was given and we declined the offer of another. The staff member who seemed to be the manager came over. We thought it was to apologise, but didn't mention the naan/ milk incident. Although we were not charged for the naan, we expected a much better service. We will not return. Dire service, and average food. Could have cooked better at home.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Rebecca B
Thank you for your review.
I’d like to just point out that we do not use milk bottles that have foil tops our milk cartons have a blue plastic tops that are attached to the carton and can be resealed also as you know the nan breads are cooked in the tandoori oven? inside the tandoori the heat is very intense 480oc now any plastics will melt within min and will be seen oozing out and the smell of melting plastic would have overwhelmed the kitchen not only that it would have brunt the hand of our tandoori chef when he took the nan out of the tandoor? if the it was on the top of the nan in the basket it would have not gone on your table because the nan would have been checked by the tandoori chef then the member of staff who places it on the trolley with the rest of the dishes as the food leaves the kitchen our head chef makes sure he’s happy with everything on the trolley then the waiter that serves you the food at the table so it can’t go unnoticed by 4 members of staff that is just impossible this is standard with every table.
I am not aware of anything like this happening in my restaurant iv asked the waiters about your claims they all said no one mentioned anything to them if they had it would have been reported to me and I would have dealt with the complaint directly and I did not speak to anyone about this issue so this review actually got me by surprise.
All in all I can only say this person has not been in my restaurant and this review is not genuine