“Lovely decor, great staff but bland food.”
Review of Cutlers Spice

Cutlers Spice
Ranked #11 of 1,447 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Lovely decor, great staff but bland food.”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We came here last night with friends. The place is nicely decorated and the staff are friendly and helpful. I need gluten free food and the waiter was excellent in explaining what I could and couldn't have from the menu.

My starter was onion bhaji. Large, packed with lentils and bland but with an over taste of old cooking oil.

Main course was Chicken Tikka Saag with boiled rice. Again, good sized portions but an overall bland experience.

The restaurant is pretty large and was very busy so they are clearly catering for what a lot of people want but, for my money, I would rather go to the Shumul at Meadowhead, or Chutney on White Lane.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Stephen H

Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A once great restaurant”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I've been a loyal customer from the opening of this restaurant, to the present day. This is why I write this with a heavy heart but If the owners of this restaurant want it to keep its good reputation then now is the time to act, because you’re standards are slipping BIG TIME! The service and ambiance is still, as always, brilliant but the food has dropped of the edge of a cliff. Its really poor and has been now for 3 months. The chicken is tough and stringy, no where near as nice as it was a few months ago. The nan breads are hard, the onion bhaji was undercooked and without any flavor. I’ve never seen such a fast and huge slide in a restaurants quality of food. I wonder if Cutlers spice has employed new chefs? Or has downgraded the quality of ingredients? This restaurant needs to take a long hard look at its self! Its turned into a below average curry house. Note to owners: Im not basing this review on one bad meal. I’ve been persisting with you for the last three months and the food has turned consistently poor.

1 Thank paul H
yorkshire
“attentive service”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have been here a few times now and have just got round to reviewing ,went here with friends and all our meals were great the service was excellent the decor is modern and the menu extensive and always consistently good.

1 Thank randjj
Sheffield, UK
“Can't fault it”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

It was a take away we had so I can't comment on the restaurant but my daughter who is a regular says it's great. We had chicken chat starter, chicken tikka masala, garlic naan and pilau rice. £12.60! Bargain price and the best curry I have had in ages. I will be going again.

sheffield
“A must visit”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We went again this week for a family birthday .excellent meal enjoyed by all and my mum in laws birthday surprise dessert was delicious...top marks