“Makes a Change”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The Greedy Greek serves Greek food, it very simple food, no frills, not cheap either, more expensive than you would think, however take your own wine or beer in site down upstairs, the chairs are not that comfortable but once settled with wine and food its ok.

There are newer reviews for The Greedy Greek Deli

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We love coming here for the wraps (we usually have halloumi and chicken). Great value and very tasty. We normally share a side of chips and end up stuffed. You can sit in or take your oder away.The staff are very friendly

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I have been buying from the Greedy Greek for several years but only occasionally as I don't live in the area. I was passing yesterday and decided to call and get a few bits.
I cannot believe how much the prices have increased-to the point of ridiculous! £7.10 for a portion of moussaka, £3.90 for one stuffed pepper. It started out at £4.10 for a moussaka and £2.70 for pepper.
I don't mind paying for nice food but it wasn't even that good.
We also had two gyros pitta to take away £4.85 each! Again not a patch on Greek pittas.
What saddened me most is that again the owner tried to overcharge me-this is not this first time! In fact it's the third! He keeps you talking (his English is much better than he makes out) and if you arn't paying attention bumps up your price. He trend to charge me £31!! It was in fact £21. As soon as he knows you are aware he apologies, acts daft and makes excuses that he was enjoying the conversation too much etc etc....don't be fooled, he knows exactly what he's doing!....interesting to read another review with the same issue.
I won't be returning, M&S and Waitrose do a much better ready meal selection and for fresh there a many better restaurants!

Sadly a lovely family run venture ruined by greed and profit.

8  Thank zipy77
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I can remember going into the Greedy Greek many years ago......wonderful food, a mixed wrap for about £3. Great value.
Over the past few years the price has increased and so has the owners tricks in trying to short change you. Never pay with a £20 I warn you.
I have been short changed maybe 5 or 6 times by the same person. Every time I have checked and said " excuse me you have short changed me" and with a broken English accent the owner has immediately gave me correct change. I would say he will try to do this with most customers and make a tidy profit. Once or twice can be excused but I have spoke about this with many sharrow dwellers and they have noticed the same....BEWARE HE REALLY IS A GREEDY GREEK!!!!!

11  Thank George J
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I go to the Greedy Greek almost every week, it's so good! I usually order the chicken salad or chicken wrap and the chicken is cooked right in front of you, it's always fresh and juicy! Never dried out or left sat on the side. For only £1 you can double up your meat too which is a must and leaves you full and satisfied for just over a fiver!

I would suggest eating in as in my experience the portions are bigger due to not having to be put in boxes, but this is definitely a place to go if you haven't already been!

The staff are also so friendly and because I go in so much they always remember my order which is a nice personal touch, I will definitely keep going back! Oh and you have to try the chilli sauce on the side in your wrap or salad! AMAZING.