“Brill location and coffee!”
Review of Caffe Piazza

Caffe Piazza
Ranked #59 of 1,520 Restaurants in Sheffield
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Went in for a quick bite and coffee. The coffee was good. Ordered the prosciutto, rocket and mozzarella sandwich as its one of my favourite foods. When the sandwich came it was Italian salami. Now this is another one of my favourites and eat it all the time. I complained to the waiter saying this isn't prosciutto... the waiter then spent 2 minutes trying to explain to me prosciutto and Italian salami was the same thing whilst I said no I'm sure its not... but he almost had me convinced, especially as he sounded Italian!

Anyway...chef sorted this problem out and the prosciutto was nice but it was lacking the peppery rocket which compliments the prosciutto nice, instead it had some iceberg and cabbage, and the bread was rock solid, felt like a couple of days old. My colleagues sandwich didn't look too appetizing either and looked very dry inside with the same bread- I wont go into what he said.

No napkins, no cutlery was given so I ate the side salad with my fingers. Bill came and we waited about 5 minutes for it to be taken so we looked for the correct change and left instead.

All in all, probably the waiter needs a little training and I went in on a bad day. I was contemplating on giving 2 stars as In my view this was a rubbish experience and it will make me reluctant to go again but I may go in just for a coffee in the future.

1  Thank Orchidsteel

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Dropped in for a few antipasti during a shopping trip.. as like nearly everybody else!
As like the last review, was going to mention the lack of high chairs (we didn't have one at all), the over use of glass tables is not particularly buggy/baby friendly.
However, we were happy to try and accommodate our pram as we were hungry, and our little girl happily sat in the pram to eat.
Greeted by the chef who was talking to family or friends in the restaurant.
Ordered a couple of antipasti, all of which was fresh and divine- may have been simple food that we ordered- but presentation and taste was spot on.

Service we found a little nonchalant, waitress was talking away to an old gent (looked like a regular customer of theirs) & we were sat for quite a while not knowing whether we got up to order, or had our order taken -being new to the place we need a little bit more attention...!

Back to the food- bruschetta was crispy, clean, refreshing to the palette. Tomato garlic bread was not overpowering, but the right combination of ingredients to make it very moreish,
Antipasti of meats was complemented perfectly by amazing fresh rocket leaves and balsamic - the most simplest of ingredients were made to feel fresh, what I appreciated.

My partner, owning a restaurant himself complained the salad tasted out of a packet, -but even if so, it did not taste that way to my own taste buds what are very picky!

Ambience was very relaxed, did not feel in a hurry, ..Was full of all elderly customers- where was all the youngsters on a Saturday afternoon? I would have liked to have seen that place more busy and trendy for lunch with young people ..

Would have ordered a dessert, but the menus had been taken away after we ordered, and we were not asked about it, nor given a menu after we had finished -and again, didn't know if we were supposed to get back up and find somebody to ask for a menu again.. as it would seem.. so settled on what we had to eat and left,

Didn't find it the most comfortable place to eat seating wise, but food was fresh and good value for light lunch so on that strength will visit again.
Authentic Italian staff who were pleasant and friendly- Grazia!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I called into this restaurant on a shopping trip, it is my kind of restaurant, family run authentic Italian restaurant. I was with my 1 yr old daughter I got there and asked for a high chair, unfortunatly the only one they had did not fasten and was not clean. I didn't have any choice except to use it, this wasn't ideal as my daughter kept trying to stand up in it knowing she wasn't fastened in. The food however was excellent and the staff very friendly and efficient, I would go again but for health and safety reasons they need to sort out some high chairs that are safe.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I have to say I was really surprised to read the poor review about the lasagne. My partner and I dine here regularly and the food has always been of exceptional quality and the serving staff impeccable, I think we've probably run through most of the menu by now and I can highly recommend this for both lunch and evening meals. We shall most definitely be returning.

1  Thank sheffjonesy
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My partner and I visited the cafe at 11:00 on a Saturday morning. As soon as we walked in, we were greeted with a friendly hello from the server who asked us how we were and told us to sit at any table we pleased. Once sat at our table we were instantly offered drinks and asked whether we preferred a breakfast or lunch menu. The server truly made us feel at ease and had a great attitude, we felt like we had known him years!
My partner ordered a big breakfast that was magnificent! Everything was cooked to perfection and you could tell that true time and care had been put into the food. Not like your average cafe fry up! The mushrooms were cooked in a garlic butter that was truly divine. Definitely a new favourite!
I ordered scrambled eggs and salmon on toast and it was beautiful! Everything looked and tasted 5 stars and definitely wasn't what I was expecting!
Overall this is a beautiful little gem in the city centre. Fantastic staff with the warmest welcome you'll ever receive and amazing authentic cooking at low prices, how can you resist?!

We'll definitely be returning!