“Nice hotel, stroppy bar staff service”
Review of The Garrison Hotel

The Garrison Hotel
Ranked #22 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel, stroppy bar staff service”
Reviewed 6 February 2011

It's been a while since I have encountered service as shoddy as this.
I chose the hotel to meet and select business suppliers. Upon approaching the bar (no table service here), I was abruptly instructed that if I wished to be served, I should stand at the order point. Duly stepping 8 steps to the right along the same bar, I was now placed behind 4 other people who had arrived after me.
The three bar staff were then reduced to one and I was ignored for 11 minutes.
Having finally placed my order, I asked for it to be brought to the table. Request ignored and I was served the drinks at the bar.
The customer in front of me asked to change her order. The response was 'no, it's gone through now'. That customer was made to feel so intimidated that she paid for food she no longer wanted, and didn't receive the food she wished to choose.
When my astonished colleague later attempted a 2nd order, the drinks arrived incorrect.

Does this hotel actually understand the concept of customer service? I will not be returning and will advise my business associates of the reasons why.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank spectrafashions

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Banbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2010

I stayed one night at the Garrison Hotel whilst visiting friends based in the city centre. It is easily accessible by tram or bus so getting there was no issue. The staff were friendly, the check-in was quick and smooth as I had prebooked a room on the website. The room was clean and warm with a good television, decent showering facilities, a selection of complimentary teas and coffees and most of all a comfortable bed. The breakfast available was very nice (cooked with a choice of four items and a toast rack), with a selection of fruits, juices and yoghurts available. I would not hesitate to book again when I am in the city next.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Newcastle
Reviewed 22 October 2010

Can't really think of anything nice to say about my stay here, breakfast was awful, room was dirty, couldn't sleep for the thin walls, and the staff were over the top flirty, cheap and nasty, wouldn't stay again or reccommend.

Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank littlebiggy
Qld, Australia
Reviewed 10 September 2010

Quite comfortable and clean for our purpose. Nothing to rave over, but a decent place to stay.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Worthing, West Sussex
Reviewed 15 April 2010

We stayed with friends and family for a wedding. Two relatives needed facilities for the disabled and staff were very helpful in changing room bookings and looking after them.
Food was good value in the bar area, and breakfast was enjoyable.
Room layout is usual with doors to the outside, but rooms were quiet with large windows looking out on to planted areas.

Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Nottingham
Reviewed 27 January 2010

I stayed here for 2 nights, and even though the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was not up to standard hygienically. Food was warm not hot, and the girls in the hotel flirted very badly with the men, I could have mistaken it for a brothel if I were just staying the night. Not classy at all!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Jonathan900, Manager at The Garrison Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2010
Our staff are friendly and helpful, our food is enjoyed by many and our rooms are often reviewed as clean, warm and welcoming.
England
Reviewed 14 April 2009

Stayed for 3 nights. Ist room was dirty with hair all over the bathroom. Staff helpful and polite. Changed room immediately with no questions. 2nd room was only slightly cleaner. dirty marks every where in bathroom and on mirrors. same marks in same places after 3 days. Breafast is OK but depends who you get as a waitress as to wether you get your meal in 5 mins or longer, on 2nd day I left after 27 mins as I couldn't wait any longer.
Will not stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business