“A lovely evening with fantastic food...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Paso

El Paso
Ranked #26 of 1,418 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Cheap Eats, Groups, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“A lovely evening with fantastic food...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Myself and the other half went to El Paso the other night for the first time.

We had wanted to go for some time but we just did not get round to it. We received a warm welcome and was seated in the lovely new restaurant which looks brilliant, a big improvement on The Moorefoot Tavern!

I had the Garlic Cheese Bread to start with which tasted fantastic and we also had a portion of nachos - pretty standard.

For mains my missus had the mixed Fajitas whilst I had the Calzone - Mine was spot on! Warm, fresh, full of flavour. The Fajitas themselves were great but we did think it was a shame that they only came with two tortillas and no cheese?? Hopefully something the management could pick up, make the tortillas smaller and have more of them and maybe just provide a small amount of cheese.

The only other main thing I can think of to improve which seems to have been listed before is to provide a full alcoholic drinks menu - We had to ask what beers they sold and had no idea of cost etc, that really should be something that is provided within the menu.

Apart from that, fantastic and we will be returning!

• Visited July 2014

York, United Kingdom
“New location just as good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

This is our second experience of El Paso with the last being round the corner in the old premises. Brought the full brood this time; three generations enjoyed the atmosphere and food. The food is tasty with large portions especially the chilli! I am sure it can get quite busy and noisy during the latter half of the evening as there were a number of birthday parties in. All in all a fun night with good food well priced and attentive staff.

Visited June 2014
Doncaster, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Pleasant Evening Out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Met at the door by pleasant staff and had a great meal with starters, mains and sweet. Very reasonably priced and excellent value for money. Only minor criticism with the Paella which was slightly dry but still tasted great.

Reading, United Kingdom
“Don't rely on processed food suppliers”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Quite a pleasant welcoming, but the drinks menus don't show any of the bear/lager/cider options on offer/ The starter of Chilli Hotshots (or stuffed Jalapeños for the rest of us) was so perfectly uniform in it make up that I assume it must have been typical "Brake Bros" catalogue food that had been reheated competently.
The main course of Pollo Borracho was exceedingly bland, with most of the kick probably being provided by those Jalapeño starters. Luckily the very attentive manager was passing and asked how my meal was. When I mentioned that it was a llttle bland, to his credit he immediately offered to bring over some chilli sauce from the kitchen, Unfortunately heat is a poor substitute for flavour and the dish could only be rescued so far.
It wasn't "BAD" but there is so much scope for improvement here.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PRS_connoisseur
Sheffield
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Another review from myself as I have attended a dozen or so times since my last review (yes it's that good) also they have moved premises!

As before excellent service and excellent food! The steak is to die for!

New cocktail bar....now I'm definitely in love! Best cocktails I have ever had...try rhe Kimsha (I think thsts right)

Dan and Naz are the loveliest people. Don't just take my word for it,take the other 169 reviews too!