“A very succesful Evening”
Review of Le Petit Cafe

Le Petit Cafe
Ranked #152 of 1,464 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Small coffee/tea shop serving home made cakes, scones, simple meals and using local produce when available. We pride ourselves on the quality of our Fairtrade coffee with all staff receiving Barista training. The traditional afternoon teas are a very popular part of the menu.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“A very succesful Evening”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We had booked this evening after many visits ourselves to entertain our good friends who were staying for the weekend. My friend Mike adores anything french and on entering the Cafe Christine greeted them like they were old friends. The food was the best we have had there and the service and attention to detail was excellent. I must agree with other reviewers the cakes are amazing.

• Visited March 2014

“Fantastic food excellent service”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

As locals to the area my husband and I have been visiting the cafe since Christine opened in 2012 and always receive a warm and friendly welcome. Le Petite Cafe is a fantastic cafe by day and transforms to a beautiful bistro on Friday and Saturday evenings with a relaxed and cosy atmosphere. The food is always fantastic and as a hostess Christine's attention to detail is always spot on. The only draw back is the cakes are too tempting and you can never say no.

Visited March 2014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Service without the smile”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I recently visited Le Petit Cafe with a group of work friends on a Friday evening. This was not the first time I had visited as it is very local so I had been a few times with friends. There were 13 of us in the evening that opted for the Tapas evening with bring your own beer.

On arrival there weren't enough places set, however this was quickly rectified and the food was served. Unfortunately this is where the evening went down hill, rapidly.

As a group of 13 in such a small cafe, we were chatting amongst ourselves and enjoying the evening out, however the owner was less than pleased. She continually apologised to the two tables who were also dining that evening on behalf of us for our 'behaviour'. She continued to this throughout the evening, and wasn't even discreet about it, however, not once did she ask us to 'keep the noise down' which would have been difficult anyway in such a large group.

If there had been such a problem of hosting for such a large party plus smaller groups at the same time, she should not have taken the booking, and if bring your own beer is such a problem...get a license!!

It ruined the entire evening for us all and I will certainly not be returning.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jess J
Bradford, United Kingdom
“5 star heaven!”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

This place is tucked away in Ecclesfield. Quite unassuming from the outside but the minute you open the door you are greeted with 'Bonjour' from the lovely Christine who cannot make you welcome enough. Whilst only small, it is perfectly laid out and the waiter was very attentive bringing me over a ramekin of salty crisps to nibble on whilst reading the menu. The menu is short but mouthwatering with a specials board with soups etc. I opted for the slightly curried chicken open sandwich and a coffee. The coffee was gorgeous and shortly followed by my sandwich - the word sandwich does not do it justice - it was a meal. Michelin star presentation with some gorgeous garnishes and dressings. It tasted as good as at it looked. I will definitely be returning here - only worry is word gets around and I will never be able to get a table!

• Visited January 2014
“Birthday night out”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I booked Le Petite for my wifes birthday as she has fancied trying this cafe for some time - we were not disappointed. From the moment we arrived it was charming with a charming atmosphere.
It was a bistro evening and we were not disappointed in any way. We shall certainly be back.

• Visited January 2014