Staindrop Lodge
Ibis Sheffield City(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
US$58
  • Restaurant
US$104
US$101
Hotels.com
US$80
US$72
  • Restaurant
Novotel Sheffield Centre(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$87
US$105
US$84
Priceline
Hampton By Hilton Sheffield(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$75
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslamb cutletsspa bathfunction roombirthday partycoffee tablebottle of champagnebar mealsmain barcourse mealpieincluded breakfastfantastic valueroom was largenext morninglovely hotelmember of staffcan't fault
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The title of my review says it all really. This is a consistently good venue. I have also attended a wedding here and while it would not be my choice to marry in a hotel - the bar and function room were great and the wedding was very well organised. The rooms are contemporary and clean with everything you need to enjoy a restful nights sleep away from busy roads.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Had my birthday party here in the Chambers Suite. From the outset, staff were very helpful and friendly. The function room was clean and, thankfully, air conditioned. The events organiser helped with my options on catering and the food was delicious. I specifically asked for veggie food to be separated and marked up, and it was. Room rates for party goers were favourable, and my guests said the rooms were really good. We had a disco, run by Liam, which was fantastic! He does not work for the hotel, but they will put you in touch with him. I can't praise him enough. Everything went smoothly and the whole team at Staindrop were great. Drinks are a little on the pricey side, but I would definitely recommend this for a function.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ionlytravelfirst
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Ate in the restaurant Friday night. The steak meal was served with tomato mushroom onion rings and fries. Overall looked very bland !! Surely should have been accompanied by peas or a side salad !!!
Very different from our last visit. would we visit again ....unfortunately no !!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Very impressed with this hotel. The room was large and well furnished as was the en suite, with lots of freebee extras. The whole hotel was clean and well decorated and all the staff were very friendly and efficient. The dining area was well laid out and the food was excellent. I would definitely recommend this place to my friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night over the weekend.

My dad had his wedding party here and to be honest I can't fault it.

No problem finding a parking space, even though there were 150 guests and people in the main bar so don't worry about parking!

Check in was fast and it's easy to locate your room. You get a good nights sleep and the rooms are away from all the noise at night.

Rooms are very clean and tea and coffee is available in your room. Bedroom was a double, bed was comfy and room was large! Bathroom was great and I was amazed by the shower doors.....you will see if you go there lol.

Venue is great for parties or a get together for a meal. My dad a a separate buffet room so there was more room to dance in the main room! The main room has its own bar with around two staff serving drinks, they served fast and I never had to wait.

Really enjoyed my breakfast....full English! Lush! Food was nice and hot and service was great!

£63 for a double room for a night and that included breakfast for the two of us.

• Stayed: June 2013