“Amazing food!”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My boyfriend and his friends stumbled on this place before going out round Sheffield and we have been going since.

The first time me and my boyfriend went we had the sharing meal parrillada for £17.50... Bargain you get loads! 2 x 8oz Stirling steak, chorizo sausages, morcilla, pork ribs and chips. This is more than enough for 2 people, this could easily feed 3 people.

We then went back with friends, and my friend then went back with family and more friends for her 21st! Everyone loved there meal and we have been planning to go back as a big group again.

The ribeye steak is amazing! The sides and gorgeous.

I am not a big meat eater but I now look forward to a steak here.

The service is good, quick and the staff are very polite and helpful.

We once saw Michael Vaughn the cricketer here too!

• Visited February 2014

Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Nada especial - Nothing Special”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I read the informaton on the website before I went and was expecting a little piece of South America in Sheffield, but if I hadn't read that, I would not have realised it was particularly a hispanic atmosphere, it was just a small place with an average menu. The food was good, but nothing out of the ordinary, certainly not worth a special journey.
Sat in the back room, you felt forgotten and pushed out the way and the constant passing of dirty plates being carried over my head was not condusive to a great ambience. Haven't they heard of a dumb waiter ?
All in all, I would go again, if I lived down the road, but if you are hoping for an authentic Argentinian atmosphere, don't bother, it just didn't live up to the profile.

• Visited June 2014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Lovely food but not for claustrophobic people”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Steaks came perfectly cooked in the range of different preferences we had. The sides were lovely and flavoursome and there was plenty of them to go round. We did wait a little while for the food and find it a little difficult to get server attention after food had finished but they were nice pleasant staff who seemed happy to help. The place itself is cosy with quite a few tables packed in to try and fit in as many as they could which did make me feel a little claustrophobic but the food was so good that it can be forgiven. Worth a visit if you live steak !!

• Visited June 2014
Sheffield
“Great again”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Great again last night. As it was on the 28th June although that evening was nearly spoiled when a well refreshed lady, to the obvious embarrassment of her fellow guests, who i believe tipped generously, threatened staff with the police to secure her half price meal/free wine/free food/anything as long as its free! La Vaca take heart from the overwhelming sentiment of your reviewers including none other than A A Gill who isn't noted for taking prisoners but is at least informed, experienced and measured in his criticism. .

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank 770James
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Mhmmm... steak”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

If there was an announcement on the news that the world was going to end tomorrow at 5pm, I would go to La Vaca to eat there one last time. And then probably go home and see my family.

• Visited May 2014