“excellent”

La Vaca
Ranked #80 of 1,440 Restaurants in Sheffield
Price range: US$4 - US$45
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“excellent”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We called in this restaurant on a night out just by off chance that they could fit us (6) in , and they could later in that evening . The food was excellent, I have never had a steak cooked to perfection like this one was . The coleslaw is to die far. The only downside to the evening was I caught my skirt on a metal shelving unit that was in the narrow gangway , but the Manager and I came to a satisfactory solution. I would definitely go back . Everyone was very welcoming.

Bishops stortford
“Pre Graduation Dinner”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Read a lot of reviews before we booked a restaurant so it was what it said on the tin. Great steak, a little bit claustrophobic and a bit warm however the staff were fantastic, Our steaks were cooked perfectly and thoroughly enjoyed our evening. I would recommend the T-bone steak, Heaven! Thanks to all for a wonderful evening.

Haslingden, United Kingdom
“Little gem of a real steakhouse in student land”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit, to celebrate my birthday and our son's graduation which were on the same day.
The steaks we had were fantastic and all our party of 4 enjoyed their meals.
The restaurant is quite small and I don't think I would have liked to have been in the back room. The service was excellent throughout.
I would recommend sampling the ice cream which comes from Our Cow Molly, a dairy farm close to Sheffield. We have bought several tubs of their ice cream when in Sheffield and wish we lived closer !

carlisle
“Steak you could cut with a Spoon!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Second visit to La Vaca, initial mix up with our booking but handled and managed very quickly and professionally, we were certainly hungry as we had spent the day at our Daughters graduation and wanted to go to La Vaca as we had such a good meal last time, this second visit didn't disappoint, we went straight for the main courses with two rib eyes on the bone (pan handle) a sirloin and a chicken dish, the girls meals looked good but our steaks were really , really good, tender isn't the word, you literally could have cut the steaks with a spoon the meat melted in your mouth.
The restaurant rapidly filled with several family parties that appeared to be also celebrating graduating off-spring. The service was attentive and friendly, we were certainly as well impressed on this our second visit and maybe one day we will return, but with our daughter all finished at Uni I doubt we will find another "La Vaca" quite as good elsewhere.
Well done La Vaca keep up the good work!

1 Thank mark l
London, United Kingdom
“What a delight”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

In Sheffield to visit family this week I discovered La Vaca and I am now suffering from steak house envy, it was the perfect steak and the perfect price. I live in West London and within a 4 mile radius we have nothing that compares for quality and value. A genuine Chilean experience; having visited the country once I can vouch for the authenticity of the taste and ambience