“Fantastic cocktail masterclass with Kyle”
Review of Bloo 88

Bloo 88
Ranked #50 of 1,635 Restaurants in Sheffield
Price range: US$6 - US$38
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: WELCOME TO BLOO 88, A STUNNINGLY RENOVATED BAR SERVING UP THE FINEST PIZZAS, COCKTAILS, PRIVATE PARTIES AND GOOD TIMES RIGHT IN THE HEART OF THE CITY CENTRE. The formula is simple. Take a stone bake oven, source the finest local ingredients, add in a decade of kitchen experience and you have a selection of the greatest handmade pizzas in town. Accompany them with a side menu of mouth-watering salads, starters and nibbles. Compliment them with the perfect drinks menu. Then, finish it all off with a unique music policy and you have the perfect place to kick back and unwind.
Reviewed 4 May 2016

Based on a previous recommendation I booked a cocktail masterclass for my birthday. 18 girls went and it Was the best afternoon out we ever had. Every single person enjoyed it. Kyle was a star putting up with us lot, but he was knowledgable and entertaining we made cocktails and played games it was brilliant and would recommend it. Well worth the money. We ordered pizzas which were delicious and had our own room upstairs. A definite must.....thank you Kyle from us all .

Date of visit: April 2016
Bloo88, Public Relations Manager at Bloo 88, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2016

We're so glad you've all had a great time with us at Bloo88! Kyle thoroughly enjoyed teaching you and we look forward to having you back again!

Reviewed 2 May 2016

I'd booked a table for me and 3 friends for tea, we were put on a table that was right next to the bar, it was very cramped as lots of people were stood near the bar with drinks, a few stood next to our table and practically sitting on the table, they spilt their drink on our table almost spilling onto my friends clothes/ bag and the people were very drunk and it was on 7:30pm. We was sat for at least half an hour before our drinks orders were taken. I asked a member of staff if we could move somewhere else and they said we weren't able as the other tables "were booked". We asked again stating about the drunken people spilling drinks and being rude/ aggressive to us and they eventually moved us to a table in the back, it was much more out of the way, it was a lot better. We ordered food and more drinks, they had started coming to us much quicker by then. The food was lovely and so was the drinks! We wasnt waiting too long for food neither. All in all the management staff were excellent at helping improve our experience, we also received some free drinks. I did enjoy my night however I would suggest not going on a saturday evening as is it too busy and there isn't enough staff to speed up service.

1  Thank bethanyc666

We're terribly sorry the start to your evening wasn't great but happy to hear we were able to turn it around! That pesky table is horrible when it gets busy and we're trying to address the issue to prevent this from happening again.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

Got takeout from here using deliveroo, and I was really disappointed.

On arrival, both pizzas were smushed together in their boxes - no white plastic thing in the middle to keep it all together.

The pizza was way too thin the toppings were almost falling through it and it was impossible to pick up.

The "cheese & glaze" was so thin and crispy, but so crispy that it was like chewing on very thin wood and it was completely tasteless and just unpleasant.

All in all, so not worth the above average price I paid for everything, and the naff cheese & glaze was SOOOOOO not worth £4.50. I'd say it was worth 80p tops in the condition it was in, and that's being generous.

Hi Alex,

After reading your review I do apologies profusely. This is terrible service and not representative of our usual pizza's. Please accept a free pizza voucher on us, you can collect it from the bar Mon-Fri 10-6.

Again, we sincerely apologise for this and look forward to hearing from you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

I don't usually write reviews but felt I needed to share my experience with BLOO88. I recently celebrated my 31st Birthday party. I couldn't have asked for better service! BLOO88 hosted the party with such style! They had sectioned off an area and couldn't do more, I dropped off the decorations beforehand with management and they arranged everything so very well, seating and bottles of prosecco were all waiting. I pre-ordered the drinks so they were very good for value! I have booked places before and have been deeply disappointed, however on this occasion I can honestly say the DJ, photographer and staff were amazing. I truly felt special and the management arranged everything so professionally including the smooth contact beforehand. Thanks again BLOO88!

Hi Sarah,

Thank you so much for your kind words, we're so happy you all had a great time with us and we all look forward to having you again!

Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

Where told Pizza's are 2 for one - when it came to the bill we got charged the full amount - no apology given to us - only question was do you have it in writing? No, we didn't have it in writing so had to pay the whole amount. We were a big group so this made a massive difference to the night overall. The cocktails are ok but nothing special and I would refuse to pay the full amount of money for them - there is a happy hour till 9:30 and brings some of the cocktails down to £4.50.
Cheese garlic bread extremely greasy and not nice.
Pizza are average ....

Date of visit: April 2016

I'm terribly sorry for your experience; our 2-4-1 offers are all day everyday with the exceptions of Saturdays. This is only applicable to the 12" (except the El Primo pizzas).
If this was the case and a mistake was made please email me directly: partnerships@bloo88.com so I can investigate this issue further.

Again, I apologise for the lack of clarity with our offers and we aim to prevent any further events like this from occurring by adding more information on our website and Facebook.

We do hope to see you again in the near future.